shape
carat
color
clarity

Pls help me find an emerald cut :)

TwoPointSixFourCt

Rough_Rock
Next year will be our 15-year wedding anniversary. We are going to celebrate by upgrading my wedding set. I’d love to find a 3 ct. emerald cut, VVS2, E, lab diamond. Cut is the most important quality to me. Would you kind folks give me a guess about how much I would pay for a stone like this? Do you have links to any specific stones I should look at?

You all are amazing. Thank you in advance for any help :).

PS, I ordered an Amazon ring for $40 just to see if I’d like this size of emerald cut diamond lol!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I worked with Jon of Distinctive Gem for my emerald cut. He's wonderful to work with, and I ended up with a beautiful diamond. He'll work within your budget.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221008-102127_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20221008-102127_Photos.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 42

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
If you put those stats into Rare Carat, you'll find 3ct EC stones range from 10K to 13K USD. If that fits into your budget then there are a lot of stones to choose from but as @Diamond Girl 21 said, you might want to see what Jon can do for you. Emerald Cuts are hard to judge virtually.

TwoPointSixFourCt

Rough_Rock
If you put those stats into Rare Carat, you'll find 3ct EC stones range from 10K to 13K USD. If that fits into your budget then there are a lot of stones to choose from but as @Diamond Girl 21 said, you might want to see what Jon can do for you. Emerald Cuts are hard to judge virtually.

Thank you. I’ve found rarecaret to be expensive compared to other sites. I’ll contact John to see what he can do. I also need a halo necklace setting that I may see if he can order.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

TwoPointSixFourCt

Rough_Rock
I worked with Jon of Distinctive Gem for my emerald cut. He's wonderful to work with, and I ended up with a beautiful diamond. He'll work within your budget.

What a beautiful ring. I’ll look up Distinctive Gem and reach out to John. Thank you!

i was hoping for a lower price tag. Thank you so much for looking!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring. I’ll look up Distinctive Gem and reach out to John. Thank you!

i was hoping for a lower price tag. Thank you so much for looking!

Thank you! Good luck with your search.

Last edited:

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. I’ve found rarecaret to be expensive compared to other sites.

If you're not colour sensitive then try dropping to FGH and clarity to VS1. If size doesn't matter as much then look for 2.6-2.8ct. Depending on your setting, you may well not notice the difference in weight visually. Good luck!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Diamonds by Lauren would be another vendor to reach out to and ask about options. (I'd recommend Jon at DG again but he's been mentioned several times already!) DBL does a great job of finding what you are looking for within your budget too.

They have this 2.74, F, VS2 beauty for under $5k:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check out Ritani and Adiamor - they often have much lower prices for lab diamonds.

Example:

Based on this, I probably wouldn't want to pay more than $6-7k unless you were getting a branded cut.

If you find ones you like on other websites, put the IGI numbers or stats into these and see if you can find them for less.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results