shape
carat
color
clarity

Pls help me decide, OEC LG

Lilban

Rough_Rock
I have been looking at LG diamond to upgrade my e-ring, which is a 1ct natural diamond.

I want to get an OEC LG from Distinctive Gem in the lotus cut. I like the contrasting look of the lotus over the Daisy. There is no lotus available on the website that is within my budget. But Jon said he could have a 2.00ct lotus cut for me or I can go with a 2.4ct ready cut Daisy. He could offer both for the same price.

I want to add that my ring size is 6 and I want the stone set in the Cvb Dahlia setting with 8 prongs.

I am a mom of two and I rarely dress up. I just want a pretty everyday ring to wear. I do not want to baby my ring or have it get in the way. I also want to add that I don’t want such a big ring that will catch people’s attention. This ring will be just for me to admire if possible.

Should I go with a custom cut 2.00 carat in the lotus? I really love the look of 8 prongs, will my diamond be too small for this? Or am I overthinking this and the 2.4ct would still be good and I won’t be able to tell a difference.

For those of you that have the lotus or Daisy can you chime in? Is the difference between the cut visible in real life?

Another dilemma is that I love these rings here and can’t decide if I want the gold or platinum basket. The 2.4 stone is H in color, if I go with a custom cut ring Jon will guarantees that it is at least a G color. I love the contrasting look of the gold on the basket to make it looks more like a flower. Anyone has this ring in the platinum? I’m also thinking of a gold band/platinum basket or vice versa.

Please help me decide. IMG_3297.png

Attachments

• IMG_3296.png
    IMG_3296.png
    676.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3236.png
    IMG_3236.png
    472.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3235.png
    IMG_3235.png
    431.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3200.png
    IMG_3200.png
    553.8 KB · Views: 9

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
That’s a lot of moving pieces in your decision. My first thought would be to reach out to Caysie and see if she can source you a lab OEC. She has connections and often if you buy a mounting there is a deal on the stone.

Lilban

Rough_Rock
Any idea how I can reach out to her? I tried FB but haven’t heard back.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any idea how I can reach out to her? I tried FB but haven’t heard back.

@Lilban Check her instagram account home page (see below). She has her phone number displayed and responds well to texts. My ring and stone originated from Caysie. I have had several very positive interactions with her. Very happy.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What is your budget?

Are you sure you want to stick to a 2 ct or 8 mm? You should play around with diamdb.com to determine what your ideal mm is.

There is a *gorgeous* lab oec and setting that a PSer just listed.

I am only suggesting this because I have a size 6.5 and DSS set in real quick even with a 10.7 mm stone :lol:

Here's a side by size of an average 2 ct v. 5 ct on a size 6 finger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results