shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEEEEZ help decide between 2 diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

confusedproposer

Rough_Rock
PLEEEEZ help

I am a diamond newbie and am purchasing a sight-unseen diamond from a jeweler recommended by a friend for my fiance''s engagement ring. I have narrowed it down to two diamonds - the reports are attached. Here are the specs:
1. 1.03ct GIA
SI-1 clarity
E color
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Cut Grade Very Good
6.60x6.64x3.91mm
2. 1.01ct GIA
SI-1 clarity
E color
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Cut Grade Excellent
6.48x6.53x3.97mm

The first one has bigger measurements, but the second one is a cut grade higher. The price is the same for both ($5,100). Which one do you recommend and why? Is the price good? Also, must all diamonds be laser inscribed? I''m confused and need to make a decision today. Never having purchased a diamond before, I am relying completely on your inputs - Please help! Thanks so much!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Easy...this one:

2. 1.01ct GIA
SI-1 clarity
E color
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Cut Grade Excellent
6.48x6.53x3.97mm

You definitely want to go with the better cut. This should be a nice stone if it is eye clean.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
1.03c Might have obstruction issue. Stone might becomes dark when view closely.

1.01c Looks good from the numbers.

Do the vendor provide IS?

confusedproposer

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the prompt replies - keep them coming. No, the jeweler does not supply IS.

Do the prices sound good? Or are they just average prices? $5,100 for each. It seems such diamonds are retailing for these prices or a shade higher at websites like bluenile or jamesallen - at least on the proportions I am comparing them on, but then I don''t even know what all I am looking for. And is laser inscription necessary for the diamond?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, laser inscription is not necessary. The inclusion plot of each diamond is unique like fingerprints and appraisers and jewelers use those to identify stones.

Also ask if they are eye-clean. Price looks good.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2009 5:54:05 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Easy...this one:

2. 1.01ct GIA
SI-1 clarity
E color
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Cut Grade Excellent
6.48x6.53x3.97mm

You definitely want to go with the better cut. This should be a nice stone if it is eye clean.

Yep, no brainer. Check it is eyeclean to your standards. The price looks fine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results