shape
carat
color
clarity

Please, your thoughts on this emerald cut diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tdub

Rough_Rock
I have attached the GIA cert but the following specs apply;

This Emerald cut diamond will take your breath away! It''s 1.21 carats of beautiful and incredible E color , impossibly clean INTERNALLY FLAWLESS clarity, and incredible CUT, sparkle and brilliance. WOW! This diamond will leave you in AWE!! Accompanying this beautiful stone is it''s GIA report stating the following:

Cut: Emerald cut

Measurements: 6.89 x 5.43 x 3.74 mm

Weight: 1.21 carat

Depth: 68.9%

Table: 60%

Girdle: Thin to Medium

Culet: None

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Very Good

Clarity: INTERNALLY FLAWLESS

Color: E

Fluoresence: None

121eif.gif

AMF515

Rough_Rock
How much ??

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Price?
1.gif

My initial thought is that it's little bit too squarish for my tastes (as opposed to being a bit more on the rectangular side.) Have you seen it in person? What did you think? Also, IF seems like overkill on the clarity to me, but if it floats your boat, that's all that really matters.
1.gif

If you go to www.gemappraisers.com, there's a link for fancies that allows you to check out various length-to-width ratios. Might be worth checking out, if you haven't already.
1.gif

tdub

Rough_Rock
They are asking $6k. I am partial to a more square emerald cut, not asscher but maybe a 1.3 L to R ratio. I thought IF was overkill as well and it is not my main concern either. I'm more curious on your thoughts on the other specs....I was looking for a 1.5 and willing to sacrafice a bit on clairity to maybe a VS but concerned about doing that with an emerald cut...I am a total newbe to this.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

tdub

Rough_Rock
Also, can anyone tell me what kind of grade this cut would get?

AMF515

Rough_Rock
3B if i did it right

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a beautiful stone, assuming the dimensions create a shape you like. I LOVE emerald cuts, but don't really know anything other than the fact that clarity and color are more important in emeralds than rounds.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
If the IF clarity isn't a big selling feature for you, I'm pretty sure you could get an eyeclean VS2 emerald cut of this size without having to pay a premium for IF clarity. As for the cut proportions, I can't be of much help in that regard because I don't know all that much about emerald cuts. Maybe one of the experts can chime in?
1.gif

Fancy

Shiny_Rock
Well, if IF isn't important to you, I don't know why you shoudn't go down in clarity in order to get a bigger, but equally beautiful diamond! In less you are going to walk around with a loupe to give people to view your fiancee's ring, that IF grade isn't going to make a bit of difference. I would go down to VS quality for sure, and get a bigger rock.
love.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VS1 is safe, E-VS1 should be readily available and you should not have to pay a premium for a 1:1.5 ratio. Just make sure that the outline of the shape is what you want, which you do. Have you seen this tone? the shape drawn on the bottom of that page is NOT the immage of the diamond in question (dumb thing to say, but I have almost no other way to make sure this was taken into account).
2.gif

If your enthusiasm arised while actually seing the stone: lucky you! ECs are so much more a matter of taste... near-squares and long ones are supposedly less desirable, but this is a very arbitrary rule of thumb.

JC

Shiny_Rock
Looks like a great choice. I'm not sure if you need "IF", but that may be your preference. So if it's a good buy and it's the right diamond for you, than go for it. Good luck.

wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results