shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Welcome new Member Barbara Smigel,PHD,GG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hello Gang:

I just wanted to let you know that Barabara Smigel of Artistic Colored Stones has joined the forum and hopefully everyone will give her a warm welcome.
36.gif

Many of you have probably dealt with Barbara and am excited at the assett she may be to providing information on Pricescope. YEAH..More Professionals...
37.gif
Let's encourage her to post her profile in the "Who's Who" section of the Forum...
9.gif

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/31/2006 1:11:05 AM
Author:Colored Gemstone Nut
Hello Gang:

I just wanted to let you know that Barabara Smigel of Artistic Colored Stones has joined the forum and hopefully everyone will give her a warm welcome.

Hi Barbara, welcome to the group. It''s been a long time since we''ve emailed or chatted. Your website looks better and better as time passes! I''m greatly enjoying your gemology writings -- where do you find the time? I hope to say hello to you again one of these days as I did at the Ventura AFMS show some years back in the company of Tony Ruyter. The Forum will benefit greatly from your knowledge and contributions.

Richard M.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome Barbara to PS
35.gif

I am a huge fan of colored stones. Glad that you have decided to join us. Please tell us about yourself. I look forward to your posts, and to learning from you.
1.gif
Lisa

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to you Barbara!
35.gif
Also nice to see you back Josh!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! Looking forward to hearing all about you! I am a big fan of colored stones, particularly rubies!

Gemmal

Rough_Rock
Welcome Barbara, I am so lucky to have found this forum. I have learned so much from all the great people here. I could never have learned so much if not for them. It certainly is a honor to have you join us and looking forward to have a chance to learn even more from you. The people here are so generous with all their knowlege, I feel truly blessed. Welcome again, I know you will enjoy being a part of this wonder forum.

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Welcome Barbara, great to have you aboard & looking forward to your posts. There are so many knowlageable people here and always room for more. We love to learn about and discuss our addictions...gemstones!

Connie

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Goody!!! WELCOME, BARBARA!!!
36.gif
35.gif

I''ve been a HUGE fan of you and your website for ages! (I look forward to your monthly ''previews'' like Christmas....twelve times a year!)

I think it''s thrilling that you''ll be contributing to these boards occasionally...but I don''t know how you''ll find the time...you''re a busy girl!
1.gif

widget

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Barbara

Good to see another pet rock enthusiast and professional here.

Rockdoc

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome!
looking forward to more from you here.
35.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome!

color: one can never have enough!

movie zombie

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS!!!!
Great to see you here, Your website is one I drool over the gemstones on often.

Barbara

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 1:11:05 AM
Author:Colored Gemstone Nut
Hello Gang:

36.gif

Many of you have probably dealt with Barbara and am excited at the assett she may be to providing information on Pricescope. YEAH..More Professionals...
37.gif
Let''s encourage her to post her profile in the ''Who''s Who'' section of the Forum...
9.gif

Hi Josh and All,

Thanks to all of you for such a warm welcome. I look forward to seeing the comments and questions in this colored stone forum, and being of help when I can. I''m sure I''ll get back much more than I give. Sometimes in the daily trivia of running a business and teaching you can momentarily lose sight of why you love it so much. Looking at these posts each morning will be like a daily "double shot" of fresh enthusiasm.

Like many collectors I go through phases of intense interest in different gems. (My husband calls me a "serial mono-maniac"). Presently I am obsessed with natural pearls and antique coral jewelry. Forgive me if this is not the right place to post a picture but I thought someone out there might be interested in seeing my current favorite addition to my personal collection. It''s a "Melo Melo pearl" technically not a "pearl" as it has no nacre. It is a "calcareous concretion" produced by the Giant Baler Snail which is found in Vietnamese waters. It is one of the rarest gems of all. This is not a top notch specimen due to small size and off round shape, but the color and luster are primo, and I couldn''t afford the 5 figure price tag for a big one.

mymelopearl.jpg

Barbara

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''ve been wanting to see one of these! there was a thread sometime back regardiing them. thanks for the picture!

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love those melo melo''s--a beautiful oddity! Thanks for the cool pic and welcome to the forum, Dr. B!

cheers--Sharon

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Welcome !
The Melo Melo pearl you''ve got there is really cool and unusual. Wish I had one :)

Gemoholic

Rough_Rock
Hi B! Love the website been there a bunch of times for education and to drool. :)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome Barbara,

We are SO Happy to have you on board. I have visited your website numerous times.
9.gif

Linda

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
That''s a beautiful pearl! Welcome...it''s great to have another expert around!
35.gif

nicky newark

Rough_Rock
Welcome Barbara-

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barbara, thanks for enriching the pricescope forum with your presence. Your acs website is one of my favorite places to visit!

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
Welcome Dr. Smigel!!!

It''s an honor to have access to your knowledge and expertise!!!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Welcome aboard. Josh really is a colored stone nut, so if you have his endorsement you have to be one of the "good guys". Looking forward to getting to know you over the years.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results