shape
carat
color
clarity

Please vote

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GiGi

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I am shopping for a mounting to set my future 1ct. emerald diamond in, and am interested in hearing everyone's feedback and preference. Please reply and vote on your favorite "style" from choices below. What I am looking for is elegance, timelessness, and comfort (with a lower overall profile), yet I would like to make the main stone stand out alone.

A) Traditional Tiffany 4 prone setting
B) Traditional Tiffany Basket setting for emerald-cut stone.
C) 4 prone setting with 2 or 4 tapered bagghets on each side of the center stone, set perpendicular to the center stone.
D) 4 prone setting with 2 of 0.5 ct. emerald stones, one on each side of the center stone, set paralleal to the cneter stone.

Thanks a lot!
GiGi

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I'd choose "C". That's just my preference!

GiGi

Rough_Rock
Thank you Tara!
Gentlemen - come on, you are allowed to vote too... :wavey:

Rook

Shiny_Rock
a or b, whichever is more comfortable.

I personally do not like side stones. I think they pull your eyes away from the main stone, which is supposed to be the center of attention. I like solitares that allow the diamond to really make an expression.

GiGi

Rough_Rock
Do you think setting the stone "low" on either a or b will look "inexpensive"? I don't care for a huge, tall engagement ring look either, because I agree that simplicity is beauty in itself. I just don't want the ring to look too small since it is only 1 ct.

wade_44

Rough_Rock
I like C. But, this is a male's opinion. :)

scotch

Rough_Rock
GiGi,

you may want to take a look at tension settings, check out e.g. http://www.mickyroof.com/mr_gai03.html (I like # TR006 or # TR 114 on one of their other pages). I find these settings absolutely spectacular, and they should actually make the stone look bigger. I personally also don't like side stones.

Regards,
Scotch

scotch

Rough_Rock
oops, you said emerald, right? Don't know if they do tension settins for those. I've seen some for princess cut however...see http://www.sndgems.com/platinumgoldtensionsetrings.htm .
Just wanted to say I liked those...:))

Scotch

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results