shape
carat
color
clarity

Please vote! VC Anne-Marie or Emily for antique pear!!!

Emilya or Anne-Marie??

• Emilya with single cut pavè

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Emilya with full cut pavè

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Anne-Marie with single cut pavè

Votes: 33 63.5%
  • Anne-Marie with full cut pavè

Votes: 14 26.9%

• Total voters

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Please help me decide!!!!

2.01 antique pear in either the Victor Canera Emilya or Anne-Marie!!!

_2069.jpeg

_2070.jpeg

_2071.jpeg

_2072.jpeg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I like both of them, I voted for the Anne-Marie with the split shank because I think it provides more balance for an elongated stone. Should be beautiful - love your pear!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the Anne-Marie, but either will look amazing!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1455881865|3992846 said:
While I like both of them, I voted for the Anne-Marie with the split shank because I think it provides more balance for an elongated stone. Should be beautiful - love your pear!

Thritto, the curves of the split suit the elongation of your pear ::)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely split shank with the pear! Like everyone else says...really shows off the lines of a pear.

Cant wait to see how this one turns out!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the split shank! It's going to be stunning! :)

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Anne-Marie as others have said, it will balance the pear shape, particularly as that's a pretty big stone!

Not sure about melee type, I'm not experienced enough to know.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just realised I missed part of the vote!

I'd do full-cuts with your pear, personally: they'll create a more visibly defined outline with more contrast than single cuts would, which in this case IMO will invite you to focus on the gorgeous and unique faceting of the pear nestled inside ::)

What does VC recommend?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning pear! I would choose (and have voted for) the Anne Marie for your stone as it will provide a very balanced look.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems to be a land slide for Anne Marie!! I agree that setting would be stunning with your chubby pear!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for the Ann Marie... that's my favorite VC halo! It would look amazing with a pear! LOVE!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie said:
Just realised I missed part of the vote!

I'd do full-cuts with your pear, personally: they'll create a more visibly defined outline with more contrast than single cuts would, which in this case IMO will invite you to focus on the gorgeous and unique faceting of the pear nestled inside ::)

What does VC recommend?

+1 to the bolded part. And definitely the Anne-Marie!!!! I think the delicate split shank will provide a beautiful balance to the pear shape.

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
It will look lovely! Someone posted a while back with an emerald cut VC that looked like the annemarie style. What is the difference between each type of cut? And for the anne marie does he tilt the halo a but down like he does for the emilya?

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to vote for the Anne-Marie of course!

All kidding aside, I agree with the others that this style will flatter your stone. Your pear is lovely BTW.

Anne (Marie)

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
anne_h|1455939306|3993177 said:
I have to vote for the Anne-Marie of course!

All kidding aside, I agree with the others that this style will flatter your stone. Your pear is lovely BTW.

Anne (Marie)

Your ring is simply amazing and I hope you don't mind me using your picture as inspiration!

:)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Das this and thought you might like to as well

champagnegem_1189063743390126197_485426059.png

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Niel|1455975905|3993244 said:
Das this and thought you might like to as well
That's beautiful Niel!!!

Hipchik

Rough_Rock
Another vote for the Anne Marie. Love it.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
One more vote for the Anne-Marie! :dance: Btw, your stone is quite lovely! :appl:

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!!! I think I'll go with the Anne-Marie but still deciding on single vs full cut pavè!!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Rockinruby|1456036147|3993571 said:
One more vote for the Anne-Marie! :dance: Btw, your stone is quite lovely! :appl:
Thank you Ruby!!!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
ringsearching|1455918902|3993052 said:
It will look lovely! Someone posted a while back with an emerald cut VC that looked like the annemarie style. What is the difference between each type of cut? And for the anne marie does he tilt the halo a but down like he does for the emilya?
Hi ringsearching- the tilt is something I have to ask Victor - I hope he does tilt! Yssie posted this in a thread ages ago: in very small sizes (melee) full cuts w/ their teeny tiny facets (and therefore teeny tiny virtual facets) produce so many teeny tiny sparkles that the human eye is unable to resolve them - single cuts shine here because the eye can distinguish and appreciate the fewer but larger, bolder outputs.

So considering my pear is an antique cut Victor has suggested single cut but I'm still deciding! :)

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Yssie! I want to make my pear the star here and simply accentuate her so perhaps full cut is the way to go? I don't like halos that meld into one overall "big stone" look - Victor thinks he may use half or even 3/4 pointers for my halo, but this will be determined once he starts work. :)

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I appreciate everyone's help!! :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have chosen single cuts for my Victor Canera ring...
And never regretted it.

Could you ask Victor to send you an enlarged photo of the two cuts side by side?

_2120.jpeg

_2121.jpeg

_2122.jpeg

_2123.jpeg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1456161126|3994009 said:
I have chosen single cuts for my Victor Canera ring...
And never regretted it.

Could you ask Victor to send you an enlarged photo of the two cuts side by side?
Thank you Acinom!! Such a devine ring!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hi LaurenK -

I just had Victor set my (very white facing M colored) OEC in an Emilya and basically let him make all the decisions. He suggested single cuts, so I went with that. They're definitely not crazy from across the room sparkly, but I think they compliment (and complement) the old stone perfectly. It's almost like they highlight the slightly warmer colour without contrasting with it.

After sending the stone off, I was slightly panicky that the ring was going to be too over the top for daily wear (in the UK people don't tend to wear very flashy rings), but I love it and I think the single cuts are a big factor in that. It's almost like they're a natural match for the chunky facets of the OEC.

My advice - let Victor decide. I'm sure it's going to be beautiful either way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results