shape
carat
color
clarity

Please tell me about your cats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I''m new here, so I don''t know many of you, let alone anything about your pets. But I gather from looking at some of these threads that many of you have cats.

So please tell me about any cats you might have, anything about your cats that might be interesting to share, and any pictures you might have!

I''ll go first. I have 1 cat, a pure bred Egyptian Mau, I got her at the shelter when she was nine weeks old. She''s a little over 1 year old now. I was unfamiliar with this breed before now (I didn''t even know this breed existed). My cat''s name is Juju. I named her after the reporter Juju Chang, but she only answers to "Kitty".
40.gif
She has a very sweet and affectionate temperament.

Egyptian Maus have many breed specific personality and behavior traits and my cat shares the ones I have read about to an uncanny level. Her favorite thing to do is to play fetch. She plays fetch like a dog. I''m not exaggerating. I have to play fetch with her everyday or she gets very bored and unhappy. She follows me around the house like a dog. She is everything I wanted in a cat. It takes a lot of work and focus to take care of her but I''m lucky to be able to do that and I enjoy doing it. I think I''ll enjoy it even more when she grows up more and gets a little more calm, though! I hope that happens!

What about you? I''d like to hear about your cat(s)! Thanks!
1.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 1 cat named Riley(would like more but hubby says No!). She is a medium hair American mut.
White with brown/black sort of tiger strips, beautiful green eyes, 7 lbs (she is little). I guess the main thing
I find unusual about her (compared to other cats that have owned me) is that she is a talker. You say
one word to her and the conversation goes on and on...and she likes to have the last word! She likes
to sleep under the blankets (when its cold), loves to chase (and kill
32.gif
) lizards. She is not very
friendly with other cats and chases them off despite her smaller size. She is an indoor/outdoor kitty.
Got her at the pound and would love to have another one if she and hubby would allow.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
We now have an outdoor kitty. (Not ours... just a stray that loves to sun bathe on our porch.)
Yolanda is getting afternoon and evening workouts. She looks like she is watching a Richard Simmons video... w/ a little juijuitsu, because the noises that come out of her. I know I shouldn''t... but I feed the outdoor kitty to keep him coming around... because well -the cat scratch fever seems to be the only sort of excersice yo'' is getting at all.. and she needs to lose some weight.

yo in rooster hat.JPG

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Hey good idea!
emteeth.gif

We have 2 ''cats''. I use the term quite freely as i think they are more like cat/dog/monkey.
emteeth.gif

They are both Burmese, about 5 years apart to the day and happen to be distant cousins... we had no idea about that until we compared papers!! lol.

Tinka and Jet, a chocolate and bombay, Jet, as in Jet black loves to play fetch and is obsessed with pipecleaners.

They drive me crazy with their voices but i wouldn''t be without them.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I have one 7 year old calico cat named T-Rex (he named HER, not me). She is an indoor cat, and is the most needy cat ever. She wakes up every morning with me, and sits in the bathroom while I shower. After my shower, she goes back to bed, in her own cat bed. After FI wakes up, she immediately takes his spot in the bed. She will follow us everywhere. She will eat every time I walk into the house. She has a very scratchy meow, and we think she has "pretty meow" envy. She LOVES sitting in the window and looking at birds. She is not a lap cat, and will only sit on you when she wants to. And if we are not up by 9am on weekends, she will make sure we know that she needs fed (oh, and you can''t see the bottom of her food bowl, or else she will whine until we feed her, even if it''s just enough to cover the bottom).

trex2.jpg

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
She also loves getting her picture taken. She poses.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
this was suppose to attach:

catpic.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
what a pretty kitty!!!
36.gif

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I''ll play!
I have a 15-year-old yellow tabby named Sweet Pea. He was given to me as a birthday gift by an ex-BF, so the cat and DH are mortal enemies
6.gif

He is my baby. I''ve had him since he could fit in the palm of my hand! I''m adding a pic...

Kat

SweetPeanightynight.jpeg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 9:12:24 AM
Author: tyty333
(compared to other cats that have owned me)
LOL! Thanks!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 9:44:01 AM
Author: tlh
I know I shouldn't... but I feed the outdoor kitty to keep him coming around... because well -the cat scratch fever seems to be the only sort of excersice yo' is getting at all.. and she needs to lose some weight.
That's a sweet story. Thanks!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 10:51:16 AM
Author: hawaiianorangetree
Hey good idea!
emteeth.gif

We have 2 'cats'. I use the term quite freely as i think they are more like cat/dog/monkey.
emteeth.gif

They are both Burmese, about 5 years apart to the day and happen to be distant cousins... we had no idea about that until we compared papers!! lol.

Tinka and Jet, a chocolate and bombay, Jet, as in Jet black loves to play fetch and is obsessed with pipecleaners.

They drive me crazy with their voices but i wouldn't be without them.
Cat/ dog/ monkey, hug? I have my hands full with a cat/ dog! They sound extraordinary! Thanks!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 11:05:52 AM
Author: BeachRunner
FI and I have one 7 year old calico cat named T-Rex (he named HER, not me).
She's beautiful! I hear you about the needy part. My cat follows me all around the house too- everywhere, no matter what I'm doing. Thanks!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 12:06:53 PM
Author: got2goldens
Okay, I'll play!

I have a 15-year-old yellow tabby named Sweet Pea. He was given to me as a birthday gift by an ex-BF, so the cat and DH are mortal enemies
6.gif

He is my baby. I've had him since he could fit in the palm of my hand! I'm adding a pic...

Kat
Adorable! And I like the little toy stove! Thanks!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 12:52:28 PM
Author: bee*
I'm lazy and trying to study
9.gif

LOL! I hear you! Beautiful cat and dog. Thanks!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 6:18:19 PM
Author: Imdanny
Date: 4/14/2009 12:52:28 PM

Author: bee*

I''m lazy and trying to study
9.gif

LOL! I hear you! Beautiful cat and dog. Thanks!

No prob! As you can see I''m still on here so didn''t get much study done at all. Tomorrow''s another day
3.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Haha! I should probably be doing... well, the list is endless!
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen our Ragdoll thread also in Hangout? It''s chock full of lots of pictures and stories of our wonderful Raggies and Almost-Raggies!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

For some reason, I can''t seem to copy/paste the link -- grrrrr! But it''s easy to find if you do a search for "Ragdoll Parents"! Right now it''s probably also on the same page as this thread, ''cause I just posted on it.

BTW, please don''t take offense at this because believe me, NONE IS INTENDED! Your kitty sounds WONDERFUL
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
and I LOVE to hear of rescued/shelter kitties getting wonderful homes, and believe me, until we got Boo, that was the "only kind" of pet we ever had! But the reality is that unless a person has the papers (pedigree) for a cat, they can''t be sure that it''s a "purebred" anything. Your sweet baby may well have all the qualities of an Egyptian Mau, and may even have Egyptian Mau in her (and who knows, maybe even 100%... "purebred" cats can, of course, end up in shelters at times), but you can''t really say with certainty that Juju is a purebred Egyptian Mau.

Not that it matters one whit, of course, in what kind of pet she is, or the love you share with her, it''s just that some people may look at you a little sideways when you say you have a purebred cat with no papers from a shelter.
12.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I have 3 cats! Tisha is the most "personalized" cat with a personality big as an ocean! He hugs, he whines, he cries for attention, and he head-buds to remind us he needs love! Cappo is the most "independent cat". He prefers to be alone in the comfy chair or sleeps in until noon on the bed. He is 95% self-sufficient except for when he needs love, then he REALLY DEMANDS for it by jumping up on DH''s lap and stay for hours! He is usually sitting next to us on the couch when we watch TV too. Just be there with us makes him happy. Nina, the 6 months old kitten, is a different animal all together. She causes troubles by chewing papers, biting our toes, jumping on dinner tables and countertops, biting Tisha''s tail.... but then she loves us and comes sleep on our neck and lap for hours at a time, anywhere anytime!~ :)

We have a big happy cat family!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 7:09:56 PM
Author: Lynn B
Have you seen our Ragdoll thread also in Hangout? It''s chock full of lots of pictures and stories of our wonderful Raggies and Almost-Raggies!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

For some reason, I can''t seem to copy/paste the link -- grrrrr! But it''s easy to find if you do a search for ''Ragdoll Parents''! Right now it''s probably also on the same page as this thread, ''cause I just posted on it.

BTW, please don''t take offense at this because believe me, NONE IS INTENDED! Your kitty sounds WONDERFUL
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
and I LOVE to hear of rescued/shelter kitties getting wonderful homes, and believe me, until we got Boo, that was the ''only kind'' of pet we ever had! But the reality is that unless a person has the papers (pedigree) for a cat, they can''t be sure that it''s a ''purebred'' anything. Your sweet baby may well have all the qualities of an Egyptian Mau, and may even have Egyptian Mau in her (and who knows, maybe even 100%... ''purebred'' cats can, of course, end up in shelters at times), but you can''t really say with certainty that Juju is a purebred Egyptian Mau.

Not that it matters one whit, of course, in what kind of pet she is, or the love you share with her, it''s just that some people may look at you a little sideways when you say you have a purebred cat with no papers from a shelter.
12.gif

Lynn is right of course. Even though my Ollie (who is heavily represented on that thread) is a rescue we call him our Ragdoll, but of course we realize there is no way to know for sure, and its more unlikely than not.

He sure is a hoot though! He is probably the dumbest cat I''ve ever had (we like to say he rides the *special* bus
20.gif
) but he is SUPER sweet, and such a cuddle bug. And he adores his big sisters - our other two kitties. Gretchen is a Calico diva (otherwise known as "Princess") and Amber is our laid-back, lap fungus orange tabby.
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 11:08:58 AM
Author: BeachRunner
this was suppose to attach:

So cute! She sounds like a typical diva Calico - love that!!
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''ll play!

6.gif

He is my baby. I''ve had him since he could fit in the palm of my hand! I''m adding a pic...

Kat

OMG so CUTE - look at how sweet and sleepy, I bet he''s a SUPER love bug
30.gif
30.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy to read about all these cute cats - but really, we need more pics!

I''m planning on getting a kitten this fall - need to allergy test at the cattery first but if all goes well, I''ll have a little furry one in a few months!
1.gif

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
We have a sealpoint Balinese named Francesca. She has the pushy, high-strung Siamese personality and that yowly Siamese voice. She''s so bad, but she''s very sweet. Francesca is 13, but she really hasn''t shown much sign of slowing down!

Picture 068.jpg

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh kitties! Have a peek in the Ragdoll thread for more pics of my precious! He is a very naughty Ragdoll who missed the memo that Raggies are mellow cats. He just poped out from behind the curtain and bit the dog, then ran away. Here''s a recent pic!

I would love to see pics of your cat, Imdanny!

leo3_09.JPG

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 7:24:39 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

Okay, I''ll play!

6.gif

Kat

OMG so CUTE - look at how sweet and sleepy, I bet he''s a SUPER love bug
30.gif
30.gif
Well, he''s only cuddly with me...not poor DH!
I have to add this...he comes running when I whistle for him, like a little dog! It''s so cute...well yeah, I''m biased...gosh, everyone''s cat pictures here are ADORABLE!
Imdanny, I''d like to see a pic of your kitty, too...

Kat

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 6:16:45 PM
Author: Imdanny

Okay, I'll play!

6.gif

He is my baby. I've had him since he could fit in the palm of my hand! I'm adding a pic...

Kat
Adorable! And I like the little toy stove! Thanks!
Ha-ha, that's my daughter's little stove for her Rose Petal Cottage! Sweet Pea thinks it's his, though...

Kat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results