shape
carat
color
clarity

please take a look at this GOG .79 princess!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trottier80

Rough_Rock
Hey all,
Please take a look at this http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/2581/ princess cut. I am looking at around a 3/4 carat princess to be set in a nice ring with sidestones. For the price, i like this one. I am still a rookie so if you could take a look and tell me what you think I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Scott

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Let me preface by saying that I don''t know a lot about princesses. Also they are NOT my favorite cut.

Having let you know that, I think that one looks very very nice. Not a lot of leakage and good contrast.

shay

trottier80

Rough_Rock
Thank you...any other thoughts anyone.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I don''t see how this diamond can be claimed to be:

"AGS "IDEAL" LIGHT PERFORMANCE,
CANADIAN MINED AND CUT DIAMOND!!"

It''s not AGS graded, it appears. It has a GIA report and a GIA inscription.

?????????????
33.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Jon has the PGS software that will give a light performance grade.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
RE: AGS 0 " Light Performance ".

While the proportion dynamics of this stone may be within getting a 0 in the light return categories, I doubt it would get the AGS 0 cut grade - if the stone would have been submitted to AGS.

The stones polish is only Very Good instead of Excellent, and the Symmetry is just Good, instead of Excellent.

Polish and Symmetry is a consideration in assigning the Cut grade with the PGS software. But the polish and symmetry need to be graded by someone competent to do this.

Now, that said it is POSSIBLE that GIA''s Polish and Symmetry gradings are not accurate. If determined to be so, the stone should go back for review at GIA.

It is possible that the AGS Light Performance statement is something GOG has on their format for their offerings, and was left in by mistake, as was the GIA Facetware reference apparently was. GIA''s Facetware to my knowledge does not include cut grading princesses, but only rounds, and the report shown is a Sarin Summary Sheet, not what I would expect the Facetware document to look like.

Rockdoc

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi all,

For clarification.

We can determine if any princess cut meets the qualifications for Ideal Light Performance and is generally one of the criteria used to screen any princess cuts we purchase for inventory that aren't accompanied with an AGS report. Julie hit the nail on the head.

Rock... we are not claiming or estimating the diamond is or would obtain an AGS Ideal Cut grade. We're not stating that. I know the polish and symmetry would not meet ideal stats but the diamonds light performance is exactly as stated. No misrepresentation whatsoever. It is as stated.

Peace,
Jonathan

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jon

I wasn''t accusing you of misrepresentation, I know and interpret what you wrote to mean exactly as you meant it, but a novice reading that might misinterpret it.

Just being the fuss that I am.

:razz:

Rockdoc

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/14/2007 10:22:29 PM
Author: RockDoc
Hi Jon

I wasn''t accusing you of misrepresentation, I know and interpret what you wrote to mean exactly as you meant it, but a novice reading that might misinterpret it.

Just being the fuss that I am.

:razz:

Rockdoc
Thanks man. And hey... its your job to be a fuss.
41.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
On the other side of the "coin"............

In looking at the photos of the inclusions, this stone COULD be a VS-1.

The only inclusion noted is Cloud, and your photo of the cloud appears to be a very small group of them.

Rockdoc

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jon

To clarify, I want to be clear that I wasn''t accusing either.....just saying that it confused me.

Having reread, I see that it says light performance and not grade. Given the last go-round with representing cut grades, I was thrown by the AGS label again.

That said, I do agree with Rock that it is easily misinterpreted. It''s certainly any vendor''s option to choose to benefit from such a misinterpretation, although it wouldn''t be my choice were I a vendor.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/15/2007 12:00:04 AM
Author: aljdewey

Hi Jon

To clarify, I want to be clear that I wasn''t accusing either.....just saying that it confused me.

Having reread, I see that it says light performance and not grade. Given the last go-round with representing cut grades, I was thrown by the AGS label again.

That said, I do agree with Rock that it is easily misinterpreted. It''s certainly any vendor''s option to choose to benefit from such a misinterpretation, although it wouldn''t be my choice were I a vendor.
Hi Alj,

Being that we have the ability to to determine whether a diamond does or doesn''t qualify for AGS Ideal light performance, do you have a better suggestion on how to communicate that which would be less prone to misinterpretation? I lay all the info out for anyone to see which I think is self explanatory IMO. However I''m open to your ideas.

Regards,
Jonathan

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/15/2007 1:10:01 AM
Author: Rhino

Date: 2/15/2007 12:00:04 AM
Author: aljdewey

Hi Jon

Hi Alj,

Being that we have the ability to to determine whether a diamond does or doesn''t qualify for AGS Ideal light performance, do you have a better suggestion on how to communicate that which would be less prone to misinterpretation? I lay all the info out for anyone to see which I think is self explanatory IMO. However I''m open to your ideas.

Regards,
Jonathan
Ho hum

old conversation

As before

Why not just make it clear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results