shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show pics of Split shank with wedding band!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jend

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I think I''ve found the diamond - now it''s time for the setting!!

I''ve been all over the place in what I love - pave bands, split shank, and the plain solitaire - I love thin bands, so that''s a MUST!! I love the look of the pave bands on everyone else, but for some reason they don''t look so great on my finger (still trying though!). I''ve always loved the 6-prong solitaire setting, so if I got that I know I''d be happy. But the other setting I''m in love with is the split shank!! (Think Britney''s first e-ring- I am absolutely in love with it!!) But I''m wondering what type of wedding band could I wear with a split shank? I will definitly be wearing a wedding band with the E-ring - no question (the grief I would be getting from the inlaws for not wearing them together is not worth the trouble, I promise you that!!
6.gif
)

So - if anyone has a split shank they wear with a wedding band - please show my the pics!!!

Thanks so much!!

Cheers,
Jen

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a set I tried on at a jeweler a while ago...

pearlmansdanielkcushion1.jpg

pearlmansdanielkcush2.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2007 2:46:09 PM
Author: mrssalvo
here''s a set I tried on at a jeweler a while ago...

pearlmansdanielkcushion1.jpg

pearlmansdanielkcush2.jpg
oh mrs s that is a beautiful set!!! You should get this one!!!!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
cehra, I would have if it wasn''t 35K
23.gif
39.gif
. it''s a daniel K and comes with a HUGE premium
7.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2007 3:36:43 PM
23.gif
39.gif
7.gif
why not have a custom version for your round? This doesn''t seem all that out of the ordinary, it''s just so simple and beautiful... I love simple things that have a tweak!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2007 7:54:33 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Date: 4/8/2007 3:36:43 PM

23.gif
39.gif
7.gif
why not have a custom version for your round? This doesn''t seem all that out of the ordinary, it''s just so simple and beautiful... I love simple things that have a tweak!

believe me, i thought about it, the problem is I love this for a cushion but not sure I''d do it for a round. Plus, part of the charm in the excellent craftmenship of daniel k.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a split shank and I found that it most wedding bands didn''t really look good with it and they messed up the natural symmetry of the split shank. I opted to get a band to put on my other hand instead. However, the best one''s I found were really thin pave bands in either diamonds or sapphires. They seemed to look the best for whatever reason.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may already know this but I have seen some, maybe custom made, rings where a flat plain band slots in between the split engagement ring, where the split is wide like the one Brittany had. In other words you would have to take off the engagement ring and slot the band between the split sides and put the set on your finger as a one ring look.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2007 6:37:44 AM
Author: Pyramid
You may already know this but I have seen some, maybe custom made, rings where a flat plain band slots in between the split engagement ring, where the split is wide like the one Brittany had. In other words you would have to take off the engagement ring and slot the band between the split sides and put the set on your finger as a one ring look.
you know, I was just thinking about this type of ring the other day and how it might be kinda fun to have different bands to stick in there other than just diamond - like a metal band, a pink band, a yellow or blue sapphire band, rubies - you name it!

jend

Rough_Rock
Mrssalvo - that ring is beautiful!!

Date: 4/9/2007 6:37:44 AM
Author: Pyramid

Hi Pyramid - do you have any pics of this type of setting - sounds really interesting!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Jen

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No sorry I don''t. If you think of Brittany''s ring though it just looks like that with a gold band under neath the head of the ring lying on the finger.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results