shape
carat
color
clarity

Please,Show me your soldered rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
New topic: Please show me your soldered ring sets. I am trying to decide whether to solder or not and would love to see others rings who have done it

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo ... is it about the "look" or the "feel" of it? I''m afraid I don''t see how pix are going to help you decide? To each his own?!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo, my old wedding set was soldered and I loved it. My sister''s set are soldered b/c she has channel set stones in half way around in both bands and wanted them to always line up. She loves it too. I think with the style of your rings you should go for it. it''s not like you''d wear one of the bands solo. Also, if the solder them and you hate it, it''s fairly easy to undo. JUST DO IT
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
PNP is the only one I can think of that had her rings soldered. Could be wrong though.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s my old set that was soldered together

mrssalvo.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thank you :) WOOO

susi

Shiny_Rock
Rhonda, here''s what my benchman told me.....the rings obviously have to kind of match up at the bottom in order to solder them together but they do not have to be exact. And as everyone says, when you take them to your jeweler, tell him that you may want to take them apart in the future but....you want them to stay together for now.....meaning.....that you don''t want them coming apart on you.

My benchman was so used to my changing my mind with mountings and soldering that he would tend to solder my rings together kind of lightly and occasionally they would come apart.....which was fine, no harm done but I wanted them to stay together while they *were* together but wanted them apart *when* I wanted them apart! ( I''m a very demanding lady
2.gif
)

As for the looks of two rings soldered, you will never know from the top ( nor from the bottom if the benchman is a true pro) that they are soldered.....they will just look super and not turn on you.....which is the point, I feel.

Make sure that the rings, when soldered, are not too small for your finger because in effect, you''re making one ring and it will be wider when soldered together.....make sure that the set will be convenient to get on and off.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
This is my mom''s set that I had redone. The rings are very top heavy and there is no way that they would stay lined up if they were not soldered.

100_0093.JPG

100_0098.JPG

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Woo,

I posted some pics of my set on your soldering thread in "rocky talk". Hope that helps!

35.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thank you :) Your pictures and info convinced me. I took them earlier today and just got them back. I am so happy I did it. They look great and I think I am going to love it this way. I am not fighting to keep them lined up plus they are not spinning as much.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thank you

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2005 3:34:16 PM
Author: woobug02
Thank you :) Your pictures and info convinced me. I took them earlier today and just got them back. I am so happy I did it. They look great and I think I am going to love it this way. I am not fighting to keep them lined up plus they are not spinning as much.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thank you

WOOOOOOO! ( i love that!) Thats great news, I am happy you are happy! Wow that was a fast turnaround too on the jewelers part!
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
That''s great, Woo!

36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results