shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your 1.8 carat E-rings!

nodeulee

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone!
I don't know if this is the right place to ask for the pictures, please re-direct me if I did not post in the right forum!

So I have confirmed that my boyfriend has bought my engagement ring and it is currently in process at JA!
(I was unsure he bought the ring on JA because he kept mentioning the Tiffany ring... I went off on him last night and he decided to come clean and show me the confirmation email :lol: @annagene12 !!! I was freaking out for a while since he kept mentioning the 1.37 tiffany ring via text, via phone... long story... annagene12 knows! lol)
He said JA said it would take a month for everything to be complete... so I just wait... :dance:

I wanted to see if anyone has a 1.8 carat(ish) solitaire ring you can show me so I can see the approximate finger coverage.

My finger size is a 6.5 (6.75 on bad days lol) and the diamond he purchased was a 1.83 I- VS2.

To be fair, I tried on a 1.55 carat ring at Tiffany so I am assuming? it will look slightly bigger than that but... if anyone wants to show off their bling, I would love to see your rings!

@pandalicious wanted to know if you ended up finding something you loved?

Thank you everyone!

oh! your finger size does not have to be a 6.5! (would help if it was) but I would just like to look and day dream about mine :love:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hello Everyone!
I don't know if this is the right place to ask for the pictures, please re-direct me if I did not post in the right forum!

So I have confirmed that my boyfriend has bought my engagement ring and it is currently in process at JA!
(I was unsure he bought the ring on JA because he kept mentioning the Tiffany ring... I went off on him last night and he decided to come clean and show me the confirmation email :lol: @annagene12 !!! I was freaking out for a while since he kept mentioning the 1.37 tiffany ring via text, via phone... long story... annagene12 knows! lol)
He said JA said it would take a month for everything to be complete... so I just wait... :dance:

I wanted to see if anyone has a 1.8 carat(ish) solitaire ring you can show me so I can see the approximate finger coverage.

My finger size is a 6.5 (6.75 on bad days lol) and the diamond he purchased was a 1.83 I- VS2.

To be fair, I tried on a 1.55 carat ring at Tiffany so I am assuming? it will look slightly bigger than that but... if anyone wants to show off their bling, I would love to see your rings!

Thank you everyone!

oh! your finger size does not have to be a 6.5! (would help if it was) but I would just like to look and day dream about mine :love:

I am sooooooo excited for you!!!! It is going to be gorgeous. I think you will be very happy with the size if you like the 1.55!

I would also encourage you to look through this one - there are lots of different sizes, but you might find some here

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...g-folder-eye-candy.5429/page-360#post-4832575

nodeulee

Rough_Rock
I am sooooooo excited for you!!!! It is going to be gorgeous. I think you will be very happy with the size if you like the 1.55!

I would also encourage you to look through this one - there are lots of different sizes, but you might find some here

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...g-folder-eye-candy.5429/page-360#post-4832575

I am excited too! I almost had a melt down yesterday and was ranting about how everyone helped us look for the perfect diamond and here he is wasting everyone valuable time etc... and he stopped me and said "... okay you need a time out. here. look. the wire transfer was taking some time. here is the confirmation email" lol. WHY he would do this to me knowing im a ball of anxiety I donno :roll2:.
i'll have to check out the thread! thank you!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I am excited too! I almost had a melt down yesterday and was ranting about how everyone helped us look for the perfect diamond and here he is wasting everyone valuable time etc... and he stopped me and said "... okay you need a time out. here. look. the wire transfer was taking some time. here is the confirmation email" lol. WHY he would do this to me knowing im a ball of anxiety I donno :roll2:.
i'll have to check out the thread! thank you!

Don't sweat it at all - you didn't waste anyone's time! Sometimes looking at what is out there brings us back to where we started ;)2

pandalicious

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone!

Thank you everyone!

Hey girl! I didn't get the notification for the tag so it was just by chance that I saw this :)

First of all, congrats on getting this sorted. I am SO excited for you and hope that you love the ring. I'm so excited!!!! Which setting did you get? I know you were looking at a Tiffany-like setting.

We still have not ... after getting close (like, writing a check close) with a 2+ J, we (*I*)decided against it because it was not quite right. It had great fire, brilliance and angles (ASET, Sarin and Gemex confirmed), but the arrows were rather fat and imperfect. Also, I definitely noticed a tint after staring at it for so long!! My indecision has driven my boyfriend ABSOLUTELY crazy, but we're only on month 1. I will tell him that it took you guys a few months so we're still on the right track ;)2

Now I'm in a similar spot to you where I think we will go for slightly smaller and a better color. Will post once we get close to a decision!!!

nodeulee

Rough_Rock
Hey girl! I didn't get the notification for the tag so it was just by chance that I saw this :)

First of all, congrats on getting this sorted. I am SO excited for you and hope that you love the ring. I'm so excited!!!! Which setting did you get? I know you were looking at a Tiffany-like setting.

We still have not ... after getting close (like, writing a check close) with a 2+ J, we (*I*)decided against it because it was not quite right. It had great fire, brilliance and angles (ASET, Sarin and Gemex confirmed), but the arrows were rather fat and imperfect. Also, I definitely noticed a tint after staring at it for so long!! My indecision has driven my boyfriend ABSOLUTELY crazy, but we're only on month 1. I will tell him that it took you guys a few months so we're still on the right track ;)2

Now I'm in a similar spot to you where I think we will go for slightly smaller and a better color. Will post once we get close to a decision!!!

Ooh I am glad you are close! My boyfriend is just glad this is all over lol he keeps saying that this whole process has made him look at diamonds in a different light (me included).
I went for the 6 prong knife edge (not the presentation one)
https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...&utm_campaign=shareitem&utm_term=sku-17192w14

Hope you find your diamond soon! (but to tell you the truth... I kinda miss researching, looking at, running hca's on different diamonds LOL! )

pandalicious

Rough_Rock
Ooh I am glad you are close! My boyfriend is just glad this is all over lol he keeps saying that this whole process has made him look at diamonds in a different light (me included).
I went for the 6 prong knife edge (not the presentation one)
https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...&utm_campaign=shareitem&utm_term=sku-17192w14

Hope you find your diamond soon! (but to tell you the truth... I kinda miss researching, looking at, running hca's on different diamonds LOL! )

That setting is so nice and def the one I'd have gotten from JA too. Well done guys.

Haha, when I thought we were going to get the J diamond, I felt kinda sad that the search was over as well ... like man, that was anticlimactic!

nodeulee

Rough_Rock
EE3D481C-4C31-4794-9C48-2B28349943A5.jpeg
9F086E9B-2FE0-42D1-A758-97FB188167B0.jpeg
Your wish is granted....here is my 1.81 ct rb on a 5.5 size finger. I love this size. Big enough to get noticed, but still wearable for every day casual dress.

omg your fingers are so long and beautiful! (sorry if that sounds weird and creepy.. lol) My hands are so stubby so I get really jealous of girls and pretty hands... smh :(
I love the finger coverage also! That also reminds me of the harmony setting from tiffany! I love it!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
omg your fingers are so long and beautiful! (sorry if that sounds weird and creepy.. lol) My hands are so stubby so I get really jealous of girls and pretty hands... smh :(
I love the finger coverage also! That also reminds me of the harmony setting from tiffany! I love it!

Thank you, I have been complimented for my long fingers before, but with such gusto (Blushing)!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Do u know which one he ended up getting?

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
1.8 is my dream size increase! Soo happy for you and I think you'll love the size! I'm at a 1.17 size 6.75 and our next jump will hopefully be a 1.8 so I'll be enjoying this thread too!

Elise_k

Rough_Rock
This picture is just perfection and your mani is glorious!!!!!!!! I'm convinced I'll go the same route as @nodeulee and go the 1.8ct route (I'm a size 5)

thank you! That was from the pre-Covid era. You should see my nails now :lol:

He hid the ring box in the YSL bag. I thought the bag was the gift and didn’t realize he was proposing, so I almost threw out the ring box with the rest of the stuffings in the bag in the garbage. Gave him quite a scare when I was unknowingly trying to throw out his ring:lol::lol:

nodeulee

Rough_Rock
A410A3D4-E195-44AF-9E7A-DD7DEE460DA8.jpeg

Here’s mine! Size 5.5 1.87ct G SI1

That ring is beautiful!!! Your hands are beautiful too! Pricescope gang has some pretty hands to model the blink ;-)

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
This was taken Jan 2019, hence, the silver sparkly nail polish hahaha. 1.86 H VS2 ACA on 4.5 size finger.

03C26064-8653-44B2-9440-FDEB487242A1.jpeg

Hello Everyone!

Thank you everyone!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hijack @nodeulee , but @Kaycee2018 this ring is incredibly beautiful! Would you mind me asking what setting it is? I’m looking for a 6 prong thin setting as well.

Thank you @pandalicious. The setting is from Adiamor (see first link), but I had them modify it to 1.8mm and soften the knife edge. I went with the same setting when I upgraded with Adiamor. Whiteflash recently released a similar, really nice looking setting that I’m considering switching to (see second link). HTH

pandalicious

Rough_Rock
Thank you @pandalicious. The setting is from Adiamor (see first link), but I had them modify it to 1.8mm and soften the knife edge. I went with the same setting when I upgraded with Adiamor. Whiteflash recently released a similar, really nice looking setting that I’m considering switching to (see second link). HTH

Both gorgeous!!! I’ve been eyeing the Whiteflash setting you posted too! Great choice on both

Last edited:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Everyone!

Thank you everyone!

Here's mine. 1.842 on a size 6.75 finger (usually varies between 6.5 and 7 depending on the season)

nodeulee

Rough_Rock
Here's mine. 1.842 on a size 6.75 finger (usually varies between 6.5 and 7 depending on the season)

Omg i am swooning!!! It is gorgeous! How do you feel about the 1.842? Do you think it is a doable “daily” size? Im so clumsy with my hands... im so deathly afraid if hitting it somewhere :(

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg i am swooning!!! It is gorgeous! How do you feel about the 1.842? Do you think it is a doable “daily” size? Im so clumsy with my hands... im so deathly afraid if hitting it somewhere :(

I think a lot depends on your lifestyle and personal preference. Personally I don't wear much jewelry these days because I'm at home so much and I do a lot of baking and gardening, but I feel comfortable wearing the 1.8 ct ring as a daily ring while out and about. For me personally, my limit for a daily ring would be 2.5ct or no more than 9mm, but I know for many other PSers are happy to wear bigger stones on a daily basis. It really depends on you. If you're unsure you can try some CZ rings with different size stones to see what suits you best.

Elise_k

Rough_Rock
I agree with @mochiko42 ! I wear it almost daily and find it comfortable. I bang my hand everywhere and still haven’t damaged the stone in the past year. I could probably still manage with a little bigger stone if I’m forced to ;)2 But I’d also wouldn’t choose a stone bigger than 9 mm for a daily ring for me.

If I were to do it all over again, I’d probably set my stone a little lower to make it more glove & pocket friendly.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
This is my former 1.85ct (7.85mm) G VVS2 on size 5.75 (I’ve since upgraded).

348F1B6B-E5F6-4F99-A017-CE10C7FA541F.jpeg DD246238-4B22-45E9-8FBE-CBDEF9D8A27A.jpeg

Sorry for the thread hijack....

I'm so excited you chimed in @Kaycee2018! I am waiting for my 20th anniversary 2.81 (MMD OEC) ring as we speak, so it was awesome to see your upgrade (did a search) with the 1.85ct to get an idea of the size jump.

FWIW, I'm keeping my 1.81ct natural diamond ring because I find it such a great size for every day. Will be resetting it into a 3-stone :)

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the thread hijack....

I'm so excited you chimed in @Kaycee2018! I am waiting for my 20th anniversary 2.81 (MMD OEC) ring as we speak, so it was awesome to see your upgrade (did a search) with the 1.85ct to get an idea of the size jump.

FWIW, I'm keeping my 1.81ct natural diamond ring because I find it such a great size for every day. Will be resetting it into a 3-stone :)

Agreed! It is a great size. I just got greedy:lol: But all things considered, I did really like the size and actually contemplated keeping it as an alternative e-ring. Somehow DH is quite over my diamond kick and was not on board:confused:

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
beautiful rings ladies!!! thank you for sharing!! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results