shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me rose gold rings on Asian skin tone?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tanned Asian Here! I’m filipino so I have a naturally olive skinned Complexion.
I happen to love love love rose gold.
I’m at work right now but I have my rose gold bracelets on so I took pictures below.
I will say that white metals really stand out against my skin tone better and are more noticeable in pictures, so they probably look better on me, but I still love rose gold more.
29EBFC87-3977-443F-82F5-34A4F5D329AA.jpeg B7078265-518F-4288-A64A-7B9D9D511E4B.jpeg

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Oh this is a good thread, @jaysonsmom! I just adore the look of rose gold jewelry BUT each and every time I try a piece on, it seems to totally disappear on my medium, easily tanned Taiwanese skin (collective horrified gasp from my much fairer, sun-avoidant ancestors). I think I'm darker than you but I am also a winter color person and jewel toned colors look best on me. I can also wear white and clear, cool pastels. Dusty pastels, most yellows, camel and browns look terrible on me. I find that icy white diamonds and icy white metal are far and away the most attractive on me, really "popping" against my skin color. I sometimes do wear 18kt yellow gold, but it does bring out the warm yellower tones in my skin. Sadly, rose gold just looks faded and muted (sometimes even muddy) on me. So, just like I banished camel and brown from my wardrobe 20 years ago, I've decided rose gold is not for me. Good luck and I hope you can wear it!

Last edited:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Hi @jaysonsmom, I just adore the look of rose gold jewelry BUT each and every time I try a piece on, it seems to totally disappear on my medium tan Asian skin (collective horrified gasp from my much fairer, sun-avoidant ancestors). I am a winter color person too, and jewel toned colors look best on me. I find that icy white diamonds and icy white metal looks best on me, really contrasting with my skin. Second choice is 18kt yellow gold, which complements and brings out the warm tones in my skin. But sadly, rose gold just looks faded and muted on me.

That is what I’m afraid of...rose gold looking faded or muted. Just took a picture of my hand under indoor lighting, and my hand looks “pink”, so I’m afraid rose gold rings would not “pop” and just blend in with my skin. FE7BA64C-E146-41D6-AA1C-3161D3381648.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much. It's funny how Western people love my skin tone and Chinese people tell me I'm too dark. Pale = beautiful in China, and all my life I've had very blunt Chinese people asking me why I'm so dark. My reply is usually "because I've been sunbathing" and they look horrified because apparently no Chinese person should do that.

Anyway, I've been wearing my 18k rose gold diamond by the yard style bracelet today with my 14k rose gold ring, and admiring how they look in the sunshine.
IMG_20200914_165025.jpg

The colour is very complimentary on you ...or maybe you complement the jewlery

Honestly what is wrong with people always nit picking at what other people look like - especially mean when its something that you are just born with
I have a Maori freind who at 45 still won't go anywhere public in bare feet because growing up on the East coast region (where its warm but dirt poor) he got teased at school for having white feet

But serously my Asian freinds (looking at you especially @mellowyellowgirl ) use sunscreen ! especially if you live in the southern hemisphere - skin cancer isnt just for white people

At school i got called whitebait - its a skinny little tiny fish - because despite always having bare legs i just don't tan

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is what I’m afraid of...rose gold looking faded or muted. Just took a picture of my hand under indoor lighting, and my hand looks “pink”, so I’m afraid rose gold rings would not “pop” and just blend in with my skin. FE7BA64C-E146-41D6-AA1C-3161D3381648.jpeg

What about mixed metal stacking ?

Im not giving up here, on spreading the rose gold love

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
What about mixed metal stacking ?

Im not giving up here, on spreading the rose gold love

Definitely still planning on the mixed metal stacking! but wanted to get a visual. I think @cflutist's stack really helped me see what my stack will look like.

Thank you to ALL who have posted pictures and provided feedback! I really appreciate seeing all the pictures, variations of the RG jewelry and the different Asian skin tones. I think my skin looks closest to @Logan Sapphire (at least based on picture comparison)!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mixed metals! :love:
89FBF41C-BBB6-4038-9164-C39419448E40.jpeg
Plus of course as it’s been mentioned different alloys and sources of those alloys will differ

Oh that's pretty :kiss2:

I was also thinking about having the rose gold ring stacked with bands of a different colour on either side

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
It's really interesting the opinions of asian people. My family members are totally against yellow gold as it looks "old fashioned". Also we are not the palest of asians so white gold by default was the choice. I am really loving the rose gold though, I love how it blends in with your skin and really lets the diamond pop. My wedding ring is an old rosy yellow gold which I really love.

119475001_759968768171212_1491231084461319187_n.jpg 119431996_407364403581674_6680216891406135685_n.jpg

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
well, i am asian... and i have to reply to this thread!!! :bigsmile:

however, none of my stuff are in rosegold... i tried before and found it's too pinky for my skin tone and i feel it would limits my options of pairing it with my other pieces. so i did not go for it.

rosegold tend to look better on lighter skin tone, imho. if your skin has more of a yellow/brownish tone,, it does not fit too well. i guess it also depends on how "rosy" the color is. just my two cents. totally up to your preference.

abbit

Rough_Rock
20201016_204416-01.jpeg
Not a great pic and the wrong body part but I'm a pale slightly cool toned Asian and I find either silver or rose gold mixed with white stones or two tone rose gold best for me. I'm currently working on curating my ears and a Pandora Reflexions bracelet in these colours

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another Asian here with naturally fair skin with lots of yellow undertones. WG looks best on me and RG is nice too while YG looks garish on my fair skin.

However, when I have a tan, RG and YG POP!!

In this pic, I was quite tanned. The earrings are in RG whereas the necklace YG.

1602846078538.png

Last edited:

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Here are some shots of my rose gold pieces. I would say I'm pale-ish with yellow undertones (and I tan sooo easily) and probably look best in 18k+ yellow gold, though I wear mostly white gold. I agree that sometimes RG can disappear against my skin, but the would also note that each of these pieces has a slightly different cast. Some are peachy, some are pinky and some look kind of coppery; I'd say the more orangey ones stand out more against my skin compared to the pink rose gold.

The shot with the rings was taken by the window while overcast/raining, the the earshot was taken in the bathroom with incandescent lights. The rings are 18k, 14k and 14k from top to bottom.
RG Rings.jpg RG Earring.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m definitely tanned Asian cause I spend a decent amount of time outdoors. I think I depends on the color of the rose gold. I prefer white metals and have been traumatized by too much 24k YG growing up. :lol: I really like Cartier rose goldmore than VCA.
3304D6EE-3467-428F-A094-AC2A7E83635A.jpeg
but there are some VCA rose gold pieces that work like pave Alhambra earrings that I want to blend with my skin. I think I like the Cartier pink gold because it is close to yellow without the garishness, as someone put it. So I say, try it in to be sure.
Hmmm. And I have a diamond pendant set in a rose gold chain. The chain disappears on me so the diamond pops. In this situation RG really serves.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am late to this party but will post a picture of my Chinese daughter's hand with her platinum and 14k rose gold rings. There is a real difference in rose golds, and the 14k can be a little more pink and less copper looking in some of the examples I have seen. My daughter's skin gets very tan in the summer, so she is not super fair. But she has more of a neutral skin tone. Mine has a very pink undertone and white metals definitely look best on me. But even my daughter likes combining white metal with the rose gold as it is a little much alone.

2019-09-09 10.17.35.jpg

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much. It's funny how Western people love my skin tone and Chinese people tell me I'm too dark. Pale = beautiful in China, and all my life I've had very blunt Chinese people asking me why I'm so dark. My reply is usually "because I've been sunbathing" and they look horrified because apparently no Chinese person should do that.

Anyway, I've been wearing my 18k rose gold diamond by the yard style bracelet today with my 14k rose gold ring, and admiring how they look in the sunshine.
IMG_20200914_165025.jpg
Hahahha. I feel your sentiment!!!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I realized I have never tried on rose gold rings, and I don’t know it it would look strange against my skin medium Asian skin. All I know is that I bought rose gold costume Jewelry earrings and don’t find myself wearing the earrings...not sure why.

Here’s my cluster ring in combo 14yg and rose gold. Hope you get the idea and see my skin tone. I don’t know if I would like it all in RG but I like it in combo. HTH. Sorry for my super dry skin hahaha. I wash my hands a gazillion times at work. E30065F9-9326-4C0B-8DC5-F44578FEED6F.jpeg A167C22D-D60D-4B65-9566-A1EFDEB38FB8.jpeg 558462A4-19FD-4085-8991-342C013CA016.jpeg BDFFA43C-3A7C-4DED-91B9-6FD96C5B8AFF.jpeg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Asian here, of Chinese descent. The rings on the ring and little fingers are 18k RG. The small red spinel ring on the middle finger is 14k RG. I like the fact that the RG colour kind of blend in with my skin and does not distract the attention from the other stones, like WG. However, whether it looks good overall still depends on RG goes with colour of the stones.
20201018_170207.jpg 20201018_170151.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
%zWTmQPARim+C+zzB4lr8Q.jpg 99tKxnnJSnuNchKs5lim8Q.jpg 4bmuZKfIQ+efgFBcxQkn9w.jpg

m1g3shwKRlmEW5vI6paR+g.jpg

Ok, K-girl here, so throwing in my hat. I am light-medium with neutral/yellow undertones. But I tan rather easily, which brings out the yellow undertones. However, in the summer of COVID/forest fires, there has been little time in the sun.

I have an 18k rose gold band - I love it, but I do find it blends in with my skin tone. Then again, I think a rose gold that leans more towards a cool tone pink wouldn't really look good on me.

The yg band - not sure of the karat. I've avoided yg, mainly because my mom always insisted on yg jewelry and I found it a little too traditional. She says I am a gul gae, gul gae frog.

My ER is 10k wg/palladium.

Cina_s

Shiny_Rock
Great discussion and love everyone's photos! Its great at @jaysonsmom has started this. I often wonder the same, as an asian. I don't own rose gold jewelry, for similar reasons of doubt. However the rolex watch I picked (gift from parents when I graduated years ago), I picked the rose gold face, and the simple bezel, and simple S/S bracelet. At the time they asked if I wanted something a little blingy-er as a whole, but I picked the RG face, as I thought it would be more subtle and "blend in" to my skin colour more than the whiter/brighter faces. I'm not really an in your face kinda girl with my pieces. But fastforward to now, I wish I picked the fancier bracelet. I still like the face colour though!

As a teen-early 30s I also only wore Silver & White Gold, and not YG. I think metal trends have had a huge resurgence in the YG and RG. I've also developed my own taste in jewelry, and have a mix of both YG and WG now. And I wear them all together!

Keep the photos coming ladies! :) now I'm thinking maybe I should venture RG too :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow, white, and rose gold items on my medium east asian skin tone lol. I agree with other posters that rose gold tends to disappear against my skintone more than the other options 786171

rose gold set: 696161

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results