shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your favorite holiday song

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't remember if there is a yearly thread for this or not but please share your most favorite song for the holidays.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have many. If I had to choose just one it would be Ave Maria. I find it hauntingly beautiful.

So many amazing renditions.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
“Silver Bells”

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't remember if there is a yearly thread for this or not but please share your most favorite song for the holidays.

The thread we usually have isn't for one favorite holiday song, but I doubt anyone is going to feel constrained to keep himself to posting only one song. We are a rather bold lot here on Pricescope. Thank you for starting the thread this year, missy.

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m with @missy , I think Ave Maria has to be my top choice!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Christmas Carols!

My personal preference is not to hear them until the day after Thanksgiving, but this year (due to my mom's poor health), my household has already started our Christmas Season so we are playing Christmas Carols at home and in the car, and of course the stores have been playing Carols since, what, Labor Day?

My top three favorites are A Marshmallow World by Dean Martin (
), Mistletoe & Holly by Frank Sinatra (
), and The 12 Days of Christmas by Straight No Chaser (
)

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Joy to the World!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not my favorite holiday song but I do love it and share it every year so will share it again. It's a sweet song and I never hear it played.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thread we usually have isn't for one favorite holiday song, but I doubt anyone is going to feel constrained to keep himself to posting only one song. We are a rather bold lot here on Pricescope. Thank you for starting the thread this year, missy.

Deb/AGBF :wavey:

Thank you Deb. I love holiday music. I look forward to hearing your favorite song(s).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Christmas Carols!

My personal preference is not to hear them until the day after Thanksgiving, but this year (due to my mom's poor health), my household has already started our Christmas Season so we are playing Christmas Carols at home and in the car, and of course the stores have been playing Carols since, what, Labor Day?

My top three favorites are A Marshmallow World by Dean Martin (
), Mistletoe & Holly by Frank Sinatra (
), and The 12 Days of Christmas by Straight No Chaser (
)

I am sorry your mom is in poor health and hope she improves. Hope the holiday music brings cheer to you and your family.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This remix of Ella Fitzgerald's "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve" is always a favorite:

I love the song, and I love all the Verve Remix albums. The song is great to put at the end of a Christmas playlist - an unexpected little treat since there aren't too many NYE songs!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
if by holidays we are talking about Christmas pop songs and Christmas carols ....
downloadfile-150.jpg

i pretty much hate them all
i don't even crave Bruce singing them and most fans enjoy Santa Claus is coming to town - althought its always a pleasure hearing him on the radio

i could be the grinch and list my least favourites but i don't dislike Christmas once it eventually arrives
but 99% of Christmas music i just find so darn depressing
i know its a beautifully song but chestnuts roasting round an open fire makes me think about sharpening up a kitchen knife and slitting my wrists its so depressing

its always so blinkin' cold when Christmas is summer here and snow means nothing to do with Christmas except tacky spray in a can
i hate hearing that first note of Christmas way too early in late October blearing out from a shop's PA system
i hate the gross overcomerisalism of Christmas and i like presents and a nice lunch the same as the next person - just salad and new potatos and strawberries with my turkey

mostly its the repetitive nature of carols i dislike and the menory of singing then in primate school- that one with the partridges and the swans and the maids a milking drives me insane as does the figgy pudding - what even is a figgy pudding ? and im really not sure what a partridge is either (dang ! smilies not working today)

however
as a song, i have always liked little drummer boy and this is my favourite version
and we both listen to it and watch it at odd times of the year

a few years ago this local song by NZ country singer Dennis Marsh got reworked by tv3 and i do actually like it - IMHO we do not have celebrities in this country, we have media personalities and this is peppered with them
so i guess this is my favourite Christmas song in that i do actually play it and i have to warn you i will probably post it a few more times over the (true) Chrisrmas holiday period

honorable mention to Bruce's the wish
a song about his mom and him wanting a guitar for Christmas
i do play this on Christmas (and other days as well)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"White Christmas" sung by Michael Buble and Kellie Pickler

(Like "The Gift" posted above by missy, I learned of this here. Until I heard this version, "White Christmas" left me cold. No pun intended. I usually like traditional English Christmas carols or ancient sacred music.)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds I am shocked, SHOcKED that you posted a Bruce Springsteen song! :lol-2:

I hadn't seen that video of David Bowie and Bing Crosby. I'd heard the song but didn't know there was a video that went with it. Bowie is so young there!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On my deathbed, please send Harry Connick Jr. to sing "Sleigh Ride" (with DH by my side, lol).

As well as anything by Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby, I also love "Mary, Did you Know" by CeeLo Green, "Little Drummer Boy" by Bob Seger, and "Mistletoe" by Justin Beiber (lol, can't believe I admitted that one!).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

So sooooooooooo many. Dido, Christmas Day. Streisand--Ava Maria. Bare Naked Ladies--God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman. Mathas --The Christmas Song. Orbison--Pretty Paper. Most versions of Carols of the Bells. Diana Krall NY Eve. Bob and Doug McKenzie 12 days of Christmas!

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I am shocked, SHOcKED that you posted a Bruce Springsteen song!

I hadn't seen that video of David Bowie and Bing Crosby. I'd heard the song but didn't know there was a video that went with it. Bowie is so young there!

:mrgreen2::mrgreen2::mrgreen2:

my other half came across Bing and Bowie years ago and neither of us voukd beleave it
i had never seen it in colour till a few years ago.
its so lovelly and their voices are great together
i can't beleave, at that age how um er 'normal' Bowie looks - if you know what i mean
my best friend at intermediate school was a bowie fanatic and those back catalogue album covers were very out there (compaired to say the newly released born on the USA) to my 12 year old self heehee

anyway Gary will often just play this song and also Boney M's Mary boy child at odd random times of the year

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel the same way, and every year I hope it is posted in the holiday music thread which I visit many times. I love hearing it. Thank you for posting it!
your very welcome
it is always the first thing i think if when people talk about favourite Christmas songs

heehee
it must be pretty good if i actually like it
:mrgreen2:;)2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

So sooooooooooo many. Dido, Christmas Day. Streisand--Ava Maria. Bare Naked Ladies--God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman. Mathas --The Christmas Song. Orbison--Pretty Paper. Most versions of Carols of the Bells. Diana Krall NY Eve. Bob and Doug McKenzie 12 days of Christmas!

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, we have very similar taste in music (and cycling and bling too). I LOVE all the songs you listed so much. That Bare Naked Ladies version is amazing. And ditto all your other selections.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On my deathbed, please send Harry Connick Jr. to sing "Sleigh Ride" (with DH by my side, lol).

As well as anything by Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby, I also love "Mary, Did you Know" by CeeLo Green, "Little Drummer Boy" by Bob Seger, and "Mistletoe" by Justin Beiber (lol, can't believe I admitted that one!).

I love Mary, Did You Know by CeeLo Green. That tune and those words get me every time. And of course Frank and Bing well, they are music geniuses. I am not familiar with Justin Beiber's music (I am too old lol).

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Frosty the Snowman lately, because listening to my 3 year old daughter sing it in her own words and think she's singing the correct lyrics, is just hysterical :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results