shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share bingeworthy shows to watch during Covid-19 Isolation!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I have to fess up that I was flipping around and landed on 90 Day Fiance - Before the 90 Days. What in the heck? I couldn't look away or change the channel, it was like a train wreck or car accident. Is this what happened to housewives during all the years of soap operas? I cannot go down the rabbit hole of un-reality TV. It seems like there are tons of these shows on all those weird channels I never looked at.

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
Kingdom on Netflix. It's a Korean zombie series set in the late Goryeo period to the early Joseon period. Great geo political stories!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I have to fess up that I was flipping around and landed on 90 Day Fiance - Before the 90 Days. What in the heck? I couldn't look away or change the channel, it was like a train wreck or car accident. Is this what happened to housewives during all the years of soap operas? I cannot go down the rabbit hole of un-reality TV. It seems like there are tons of these shows on all those weird channels I never looked at.

I never heard of "90 day Fiance" (will look it up later as you have piqued my curiosity) but I did go down the rabbit hole of "Love is Blind" and well all I can say is under "normal" circumstances I don't think I would have watched it. LOL Some of it was entertaining but much of it was not.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never heard of "90 day Fiance" (will look it up later as you have piqued my curiosity) but I did go down the rabbit hole of "Love is Blind" and well all I can say is under "normal" circumstances I don't think I would have watched it. LOL Some of it was entertaining but much of it was not.

Now I have to go see what this one is. :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Little Fires Everywhere" streaming on Hulu. We don't have Hulu but it looks like a great show. Maybe time to get Hulu.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love love love 90 day fiancée! It is my one guilty pleasure on Sunday evenings!!!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Just finished binge watching Gilmore Girls which was funny and a bit quirky. Also, may watch Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries again- loved that series!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just finished binge watching Gilmore Girls which was funny and a bit quirky. Also, may watch Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries again- loved that series!

Gilmore girls is one of my favorite series. Love it. Maybe time to rewatch it again. Thanks for the reminder.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love 90 day fiancée! It is my one guilty pleasure on Sunday evenings!!!!

I am going to have to check this series out. If my dh will let me lol.

voce

Ideal_Rock
If you're up for a Chinese period drama, Story of Yanxi Palace on Amazon Prime is so binge worthy! It's historical fiction based on mainly real people, and so much more factually-plausible than Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are watching "Handmaid's Tale". Not exactly uplifting lol (we read the book a long time ago but I do not remember anything about it) but I am enjoying it nonetheless.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I binged "Unorthodox" today on Netflix. I really liked it. It is mostly in Yiddish, which was very unusual. Based partly on a true story. Afterward, there's a "The Making of Unorthodox", explaining more about the particular community.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watch Arrow

Ship Olicity

Go read fanfic

Haha that's all I'm going to say!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are watching Firefly again (what a great show) and we are watching "Killing Eve" super great show, new season coming!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are also taking 2 courses on line at 'Great Courses' one is about the Celtic people and the other is 1066 (which we will watch after Celtic).

Some courses aren't cheap some are, we love this site and use it not even in a pandemic :)

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Masterpiece on PBS is starting World of Fire, a WWII drama, on Sunday. Fine cast, looks really good!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Pluto has UK Antiques Roadshow channel. I'm kind of addicted, lol.
Also watching Merlin, my DH dug out Columbo, Self Made, Mrs Maisel. These are all in the current line up here.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Little Fires Everywhere" streaming on Hulu. We don't have Hulu but it looks like a great show. Maybe time to get Hulu.

We are watching it. I like it because I grew up in the area it is filmed in that time period but none of the characters are very likable.

I was late to this but "The Leftovers" on HBO was AMAZING.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only show I have watched an entire season of in the last five years was the first two seasons of Alone, and I thoroughly recommend it.

For the first two seasons they took ten people with varying experience in wilderness survival and woodsman life, let them choose ten survival items and left them isolated in different parts of an island in British Columbia. They had to document their time out there and had a rescue button, last man standing wins half a million dollars.

The third season they took on an approach with teams, which killed the whole 'Alone' idea for me.

There's actually 6 seasons of actual "Alone"! "Alone: The beast" is the team one. They moved away from vancouver island (I think it was getting too easy), and also did a season in Northern canada, Patagonia and Mongolia.

I've binged almost the entire season of Ozark s3. Also 100 humans. Friends is thrown in every now and then.

Lalola44

Rough_Rock
My current faves are....

1. Unorthodox-Netflix
  2. Little Fires Everywhere-Hulu
  3. High Fidelity-Hulu
  4. Big Little Lies-Hulu+HBO Add On
  5. Ramy- Hulu
They've all been AMAZING!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recommending "I Am Mother" on Netflix. It was enjoyable. I don't want to give it away but it's sci fi and takes place in an Apocalyptic World. Hilary Swank, Rose Byrne were two of the actors. I cannot remember the young girl's name but she was excellent too.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Korean Dramas. The two I liked best are Hometown Cha Cha Cha and Crash Landing On You.

The French series Call My Agent.

all are on Netflix.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Lincoln Lawyer - we finished the first season in just a few days while hubby was down with Covid and are looking forward to the next season - hopefully to be enjoyed under better circumstances!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime, if you like Tom Clancy stuff.

sugarcloud

Shiny_Rock
Hubby and I have just started watching Yellowstone (well, binge watched the first season in a day and a half lol!) and already obsessed. We live in Australia so had not really heard much about the show at all, so far I am really impressed!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joe Pickett on Paramount+ -- based on the book series by Wyoming author C.J. Box featuring Game Warden Joe Pickett -- both my DH and I have read all of the Joe Pickett books, and are loving this 10-episode first season (has been renewed for a Season 2) -- well cast and beautiful cinematography -- the series is set in Wyoming but apparently much of the filming took place in Calgary.

The Old Man on FX -- with Jeff Daniels, John Lithgow, and Amy Brenneman -- excellent CIA/FBI twisty story line with excellent actors -- 1st season has 7 episodes (has been renewed for 2nd season).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I did mention Murders in the Building? And Julia? Both lovely.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results