shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share bingeworthy shows to watch during Covid-19 Isolation!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just started "The Outsider" on HBO...it's promising...only watched one episode last night as it was already late. But I think based on that one episode it is bingeworthy.

Please share any entertaining and bingeworthy movies/series that can take our mind away from reality for a bit of time.

funny-Calvin-Hobbes-watching-TV.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Game of Thrones.

We never got around to watching the new season but this is a good time to start from the beginning and refresh our memories and watch the whole series.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We like (and these are what we watch in a sort of rotation as part of our "normal" lives):
White Collar
Burn Notice
Leverage
Matlock
Magnum PI (the original)
Fraiser

Seinfeld
Everybody Loves Raymond
Middle

Since I'm home I've watched:

Alias Grace
PBS Show on the Circus
These don't seem like much but those are what I can remember. I have tried to watch several shows but tune them out and (obviously) don't remember them....

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breaking Bad
Ozark is ok (I like Justin Bateman)
Game of Thrones (kids keep bugging me to watch)
A Million Little Things is great
This is Us is very good too.

Seinfeld, but of course. Serenity now

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just started "The Outsider" on HBO...it's promising...only watched one episode last night as it was already late. But I think based on that one episode it is bingeworthy.

Please share any entertaining and bingeworthy movies/series that can take our mind away from reality for a bit of time.

funny-Calvin-Hobbes-watching-TV.jpg

I binged watched this week. It was a bit scary and the type (Stephen King) that makes me have bad dreams. But I still watch shows like this anyway. Glutton for punishment I suppose. I liked it. I always dream crazy stuff like this so DH says I should write them down like SK does.

The Last Kingdom is a good binge watch along with Vikings.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I binged watched this week. It was a bit scary and the type (Stephen King) that makes me have bad dreams. But I still watch shows like this anyway. Glutton for punishment I suppose. I liked it. I always dream crazy stuff like this so DH says I should write them down like SK does.

The Last Kingdom is a good binge watch along with Vikings.

if you enjoyed vikings (it was a bit violent for me) Norsmen is really funny - we need the odd laugh right now

i think i like the Norweign sence of humour

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
If you want comedy, my kids and I like:
The Good Place
Parks and Recreation
The Office
Spongebob

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m binge watching Peep Show. It’s much needed comic relief.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
If you like wonky humor (like Arrested Development)---Schitt's Creek on Netflix.
It' not for everyone but very funny. Sort of dark and quirky, intelligently written.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Schitt's Creek is amazing! We are also enjoying Picard. We really liked the series "The Last Ship", which I guess was on a US network that we didn't get. I'm liking "His Dark Materials", it's probably rated G or PG, but is more of children's fantasy. Didn't expect to like it, but it's quite good. Love the young lead actress. The 2019 movie "Yesterday" as a really pleasant surprise, especially if you like the Beatles.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That 70's Show is one I've been watching lately. It's pretty funny.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Peaky Blinders and The Tudors--great costumes in both.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
In no particular order:

The Morning Show (although only one season available so far)
Parks and Recreation
Frasier
Schitt’s Creek
The Good Wife
The Supervet
Outlander
Gossip Girl
Sex and the City
Alias

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all the recommendations...please keep sharing. Also let's start a book thread for escaping from reality for a while and just getting lost in a good book! Nothing beats a great book or great movie/series for taking a break from reality.

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My husband and I just started watching 100 Humans on Netflix. It's a series all about social experiments, and there's a lot of fun stuff in it but also some serious things to consider like race bias experiments. A pretty neat look into human thinking and behavior and in some way makes me feel more connected to other humans right now.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE Schitts Creek. The Good Place is another excellent binge-worthy one. The office is classic.
We watched burn notice and white collar as part of our weekly rotation a while ago.
Monk is also really good.
Psych is funny and silly, as is Scrubs.
Sex Ed on Netflix is insanely funny and hilariously awkward. Big Mouth is also funny and very raunchy (think kind of like South Park but more about puberty).
The Witcher was good, and the main character is so so so hot.
The great british bake off is wholesome and adorable, and inspires me to try and make stuff.
Derry Girls is also pretty funny
After Life with Ricky Gervais (netflix) made me cry hysterically, but it's very sweet.
Pose is also great and on netflix.
We are currently watching Startrek Voyager, and finished Next Generation with Patrick Stewart.
Fresh off the boat, Superstore and Brooklyn 99 are on hulu and we watch those weekly.
What we do in the shadows was hilarious, kind of like the office but with vampires.

EDIT. Parks and rec is one of my all time favorites. We also enjoyed Fraiser.

We don't have cable, so these are just netflix/hulu

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charite on Netflix. It’s German, so it has subtitles unless you understand it.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The only show I have watched an entire season of in the last five years was the first two seasons of Alone, and I thoroughly recommend it.

For the first two seasons they took ten people with varying experience in wilderness survival and woodsman life, let them choose ten survival items and left them isolated in different parts of an island in British Columbia. They had to document their time out there and had a rescue button, last man standing wins half a million dollars.

The third season they took on an approach with teams, which killed the whole 'Alone' idea for me.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been binge watching Bones on Amazon prime

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost interest in "The Outsider" just cannot get into it for some reason but my dh is enjoying it while I browse PS in the evening while it is playing.

I am having trouble concentrating on anything truthfully so it probably isn't the fault of the series.

The only show I have watched an entire season of in the last five years was the first two seasons of Alone, and I thoroughly recommend it.

@jordyonbass that series interests me.
I am going to check it out if we can get it here in the states. Thanks.

@lovedogs I LOVE Brooklyn 99. Hysterical! Thanks for reminding me because we are not up to date on the past year plus.

Thank you everyone for your recommendations and please keep on sharing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure where to put this. But here you go. I haven’t watched yet as I just received it in my inbox. Hope it’s enjoyable.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure where to put this. But here you go. I haven’t watched yet as I just received it in my inbox. Hope it’s enjoyable.

Watched it and loved it! Hope it provides a distraction albeit short one.

Thanks TriBeCa film festival.

“We’re thrilled to bring you Heather Jack’s prescient 2015 short “Let’s Not Panic” with you as the next selection in our series, , A Short Film a Day Keeps the Anxiety Away

In this apocalyptic comedy, a neurotic Brooklynite uses the crush she has on her therapist to save her life as an asteroid hurtles toward Earth.

Follow her as she confronts an unintended sidekick, angry biker gang, and her own fear.

Equal parts rom-com and epic adventure, we hope this short about a woman following her heart and overcoming obstacles (both literal and intellectual) is a soothing balm for your own thoughts — at least for a few minutes.

While you’re social distancing, we’re sharing select works (including online premieres!) from our alumni filmmakers of the Tribeca Film Festival. Catch a new film at 11 a.m. every day! Can’t wait till tomorrow? Click here for another short.

The Tribeca Film Festival extends its heartfelt thanks to the organizations that have so generously made our mission possible.“

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We binge watched Shetland with the subtitles turned on. The accents are quite thick so it was easier for both of us to have the added bonus of subtitles. Besides awesome plot lines, the subtitles kept me focused.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you haven't watched "Girls" on HBO I recommend that series. I loved it.

My DH recommends "Boardwalk Empire" HBO. I didn't watch it as it was too violent for my taste. But he says it's an excellent series.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I recommend Bosch on Amazon.

DW and I both liked Bosch. We also binge watched Jack Ryan on Amazon.

Just finished Peaky Blinders on Netflix. Once you get through the first episode the rest is great. It never occurred to me there might be subtitles, but even though I went to University in Birmingham I still had difficulty from time to time with the accent. So if there are subtitles, I definitely recommend turning them on.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i enjoyed Shittz creek - the characters just got nicer and nicer
i also loved the ranch (Sam Elliot :kiss2: )
last night i watched Madam CJ Walker Self made - full of inaccuracies but im getting used to that watching the crown

also enjoy Doc Martin in moderation

and love Call the midwife - extremely well written and featuring some older female characters which is really refreshing - while tackling historical events and issues often still relevant today

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results