shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE READ! IS THIS HENRI DAUSSI RING TRULY A GOOD DEAL?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dsutton1

Rough_Rock
I am purchasing a Henri Daussi engagement ring for my lovely girlfriend. It is a Henri Daussi setting AND a Henri Daussi stone (one of their "specially cut" Daussi Cushions.) The center stone is 1.33 carats, an "I" in color, and a "VS 2" in clarity. The setting is 18 kt. white gold and has a total of 0.29 carats in micropave diamonds, for a grand total of 1.62 carats. I am purchasing it for $7,000 even. This is my first and only engagement ring I ever plan to buy and I am dying to know if it is TRULY a great deal...any thoughts?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the Daussi rings! They make a lovely product.

Is this a surprise- has she seen the ring?
Have you seen the ring in person?

dsutton1

Rough_Rock
She HAS seen the setting. As a matter of fact, she picked the setting out after fawning over many different Ritanis, Tacoris, other Daussis, Flyers, and many others. The center stone is the surprise. She''s leaving it up to me to make a good decision. It is really a beautiful ring but being the thrifty person I try to be, I just can''t help but wonder if I am getting a good deal. The appraisal is something like $10,000, so at first glance, it looks like a great deal. But how much does an appraisal really mean? Can''t they vary from jeweler to jeweler?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 7:50:18 PM
Author: dsutton1
She HAS seen the setting. As a matter of fact, she picked the setting out after fawning over many different Ritanis, Tacoris, other Daussis, Flyers, and many others. The center stone is the surprise. She''s leaving it up to me to make a good decision. It is really a beautiful ring but being the thrifty person I try to be, I just can''t help but wonder if I am getting a good deal. The appraisal is something like $10,000, so at first glance, it looks like a great deal. But how much does an appraisal really mean? Can''t they vary from jeweler to jeweler?

An appraisal varies A LOT. Who is this one from?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 8:06:05 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 2/19/2009 7:50:18 PM
Author: dsutton1
She HAS seen the setting. As a matter of fact, she picked the setting out after fawning over many different Ritanis, Tacoris, other Daussis, Flyers, and many others. The center stone is the surprise. She's leaving it up to me to make a good decision. It is really a beautiful ring but being the thrifty person I try to be, I just can't help but wonder if I am getting a good deal. The appraisal is something like $10,000, so at first glance, it looks like a great deal. But how much does an appraisal really mean? Can't they vary from jeweler to jeweler?

An appraisal varies A LOT. Who is this one from?
Was it from an independent appraiser? That's what you need, not an appraisal from a jeweler.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We all agree- never use a seller''s appraisal to determine if you''re getting a good deal.
Which doesn''t mean it''s not a good deal.
Is there a GIA report?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Which setting are you considering? I have tried on a few of the delicate, micropave ones, and they are gorgeous. However, do you like Daussi cushions, and have you compared them to other cushions? His branded stones are quite shallow, and the ones I tried on were not as appealing to me personally. It also had a huge bowtie - there wasn''t any extinction, but you could still see it (his cushions seem to be mostly rectangular, and I like more square-ish ones, but that is purely personal preference). On the positive side, because of the shallowness, the stones face-up larger - just make sure you like the cut.

And ditto what the others said about the price - you need an independant appraisal on the diamond. You should be able to find out what the Daussi setting without the center stone costs; if I remember correctly, the ones I tried on were in the $2800 range for white gold.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results