shape
carat
color
clarity

Please rate these specs? advice needed please ;o)

nelly81

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I am helping a friend with a stone purchase and know how helpful this forum is!!!

I am hoping to get some thoughts on these specs please? Based on on the stats - is the table a bit too big?
How will this impact the stones performance versus the crown and pav cuts?

GIA F SI2 1.53 (7.39 * 7.41 * 4.57)

Twinning wisps are the grade making inclusion but look eye clean to me.

the ring is in a store and I am not sure about ideal scope availability.

Table : 58%
Depth: 61.8
Crown: 34.5
Pav: 41
Medium facted girdle
no culet

It has scored a HCA rating of 2.0
Light return: Excellent
Fire: Very Good
Scintiallation: Very Good
Spread: Very good

Hearts and arrows GIA certified (5116786916)

Can you please let me know your thought on this stone?

is the HCA really bad? with a 2.0 rating? and the the fire and scintillation only 'very good'??

Are the specs likely to produce a poor performing stone?

Even though i have seen the stone in person, as an amateur, it is hard to tell what looks like a poor performing stone as they all sort of look sparkly!!! :O) is there anything she should be looking out for especially that is a give away of bad performance?

I know the ideal scope images would be helpful but I am not sure if I can access them so would appreciate advice on the numbers!

PLEASE HELP!! :O)

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/ind...tVerification&reportno=5116786916&weight=1.53

Numbers look promising. HCA is a rejection tool not a selection tool, it will tell you which is not that promising but not which is the best. It only uses 4 numbers and most of the numbers from GIA are averaged and rounded. Table size is fine.

Also, GIA do not grade if a stone is H&A, they are just reporting what is inscribed on the girdle of the stone.

nelly81

Rough_Rock
Hi there! Just wondering if anyone else can provide any further thoughts!!

thanks Stone cold! Much appreciated!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results