shape
carat
color
clarity

Please provide opinion on this EC stone - Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

howisdat

Rough_Rock
I am a newbie and am considering this stone for an engagement ring:

2.12 EC G VS2 Cut:Exc Table:63 Depth:62.2
Pol:VG Sym:G Gir:THN-M Fl:N Cul:N 8.39 x 6.62 x 4.12
GIA $21000. 30 day money-back no questions.

I have not seen it but have dealt with the company for 30 years (they are not in the jewelry biz). Trust is not a problem, but is this a good price?

What attributes of this stone would concern you most for the purpose we intend?

I don''t fully understand the error tolerances for GIA, so what are the worst-case attributes this stone could have?

Thanks very much in advance!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi.

Here are the important things are EC's that I see as problems with the one you posted above.

Table should be smaller than the depth generally... although its not an automatic disqualifier if you see the stone in person and it speaks to you.

Symmetry that's 'good' is bad. Symmetry is very important in step cuts and should be at least VG if not excellent.

Other than that... the thread below... my posts and Chrono's posts will give you an idea of the specs to look for.

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/rockytalky/please-help-just-received-diamond-and-t58068-90.html

If you want to compare price... use the tabs at the top of the page... the labeled price will take to a search function that will let you plus in your stats, find similar diamonds and see how your price matches up.

G VS2 is a sweetspot though... as long as its eyeclean and a rating from a reputable lab. I assume for your comments that the cert is GIA.

Good luck.

EC must be seen to be chosen BTW... get pics and an IS if you can.

howisdat

Rough_Rock
Excellent Advice Gypsy! Very helpful.

It is GIA and although this seller is not a Brick/Mortar store, they will show me one or two stones live if I show up at their front door (200 miles from here). That is probably better than the using the 30 day return policy repeatedly (although they allow that).

I''ll read your thread. These are the exact types of things that I still need to learn before buying an EC. I''m a google geek at heart, but just haven''t spent as much time as I need to yet. Thanks for speeding up the learning curve!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/24/2007 12:48:49 AM
Author:howisdat
I am a newbie and am considering this stone for an engagement ring:

2.12 EC G VS2 Cut:Exc Table:63 Depth:62.2
Pol:VG Sym:G Gir:THN-M Fl:N Cul:N 8.39 x 6.62 x 4.12
GIA $21000. 30 day money-back no questions.

I have not seen it but have dealt with the company for 30 years (they are not in the jewelry biz). Trust is not a problem, but is this a good price?

What attributes of this stone would concern you most for the purpose we intend?

I don''t fully understand the error tolerances for GIA, so what are the worst-case attributes this stone could have?

Thanks very much in advance!
It has the potential to being a great Gem!!!
A picture would help... as you must see the stone with your eyes as per Gypsy''s comment...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results