shape
carat
color
clarity

Please provide advice on this radiant diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dyeah

Rough_Rock

Hey everyone,

First time poster, but I have found this sight very useful in getting me up to par in searching for diamonds.

I have narrowed my search down to a few radiant cut diamonds.

The following is what I am thinking as my first choice:

Radiant, 1.20 CT, D color, VVS2 Clarity, 5.91x5.83x3.76, 64.50 depth, 64 table, Thick girdle, faint blue fluoresence. =$5021

http://www.uniondiamond.com/diamonds/diamond_details.php?PHPSESSID=e4967473b77778321ea7c34315d5324e&itemid=74554&isSubmitted=false

I am not concerned about the floursence issue. I also was told that it is cut more in an octogonal shape like an ascher but maintains the brialliant facets. I actually like the idea of an ascher cut with greater brilliance but I don''t want the value to be lose because of this. I have noticed that it has been on the website for a while (> 2 weeks) which makes me weary (maybe I am just used to thinking about houses in this way).

I know one gets what they pay for but this seems like a good buy. Can anyone think of any questions to ask union diamonds to ensure that it is a good deal?

Thank you in advance for input anyone can provide.

Cheers,

Dyeah

moosewendy

Rough_Rock
Notwithstanding the 64.5 depth %, which is a fine # for a radiant, the diamond you''re considering is a bit small for its carat weight. Those measurements are appropriate for a radiant closer to 1.10 than to 1.20. Usually, when a radiant spreads small for its carat weight despite having a good depth %, there are also problems with the life, because the pavilion has a large "bulge." This is only an educated guess, however, because radiants can''t really be judged off the #''s, they really need to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results