shape
carat
color
clarity

please please please help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilyeternity

Rough_Rock
opinions on this diamond

1.82 Round Brilliant
F
VS 2
Depth - 59.7
Table - 57
Thin to Medium
7.98x8.01x4.77
crown angle - 34.2
pav angle - 42.5

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I entered your information into the Holloway cut advisor and I got a message that said that the "depth percentage I entered suggests that the girdle is dangerously thin or that the information is incorrect".

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Is that the pavillion depth or percentage?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2005 8
6.gif
0:14 PM
Author: Maxine
Is that the pavillion depth or percentage?

It is obviously the total depth percentage .. A stone with a 59 % pavilion depth would look like a turnip.

Rockdoc

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry...is it pavillion ANGLE or pavillion depth.....???

EZ-Monet

Rough_Rock
If the value is Pavilion Percentage (%), then it is potentially a very nice stone.
HCA = 0.6, Ex/Ex/Ex/Ex

lilyeternity

Rough_Rock
1.82 Round Brilliant - VS2 F
7.99x8.01x4.77
total depth - 59.4
table - 57
crown angle - 34.2
crown height - 14.5
pav angle - 40.6
pav depth - 42.5
Girdle - thin to medium

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
That''s better!!! Sounds good....have you seen it?

lilyeternity

Rough_Rock
no - is it a stone worth seeing?
what questions should i ask about the stone?

10X

Rough_Rock
Hi Lilyeternity,

You should ask about the nature, location and visibility of the inclusions. Being a VS2 it should be eye-clean but it is always good to ask especially for larger stones.

Also ask for a copy of the certificate to verify the inclusion description.

You may also want to inquire if they have any additional technologies (i.e. IdealScope and BrillianceScope) that might give you a better idea of the performance of the stone.

Pictures too.

Good luck in your search

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Have you seen any of those pictures?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The numbers sound very good. My concern with a diamond with these numbers would not be how it performed in direct light conditions but diffuse light conditions. 40.6 pavilion angles coupled with 34.2 crown angles dangers on causing too much head obstruction in diffuse light conditions with the primary observance is that of lights and darks. Too many darks can cause an unpleasant appearance. In direct lighting it will be one of the most fiery stones you''ll see though. Here are 2 possibilities of what you may have here. This first flavor is the proportions you''ve given coupled with lower girdles and stars that are of the "short/short" variety (ie. short stars approx. 45% coupled with short lower girdles 76%). This shows a good saturation of dark reds but not as many blacks (which you''ll observe in the next graphic). More dark reds can sometimes compensate for lack of blacks however a personal inspection of the diamond would be required.

lilyeternity02.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here is the same combination of proportions except now the lower girdles and stars are of the longer variety. 82% lower girdle depth coupled with 60% stars. Note this produces more blacks which means if you would compare the 2 examples given you would find this diamond to be more "sparkly" in direct light conditions. I can not tell you exactly where this stone falls in the grand scheme of things but this is as far as we can take it based on the limited info given. Hope that helps.

Peace,

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
oops... forgot the graphic.
emsmilep.gif

lilyeternity01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results