shape
carat
color
clarity

Please please help with Cartier love bracelet!!!

Hantr911

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I purchased this bracelet from eBay. It's a gift for my mom so I really really want someone can help me here. I do not want to disappoint her with fake item.
The bracelet came with boxes, cleaning kit, certificate, and even receipt. Please help. I don't own any Cartier jewelry so I have no glue.
IMG_20200121_173550.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200121_151325.jpg
    IMG_20200121_151325.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20200121_142954.jpg
    IMG_20200121_142954.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20200121_143127.jpg
    IMG_20200121_143127.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20200121_143101.jpg
    IMG_20200121_143101.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 98

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
eBay is not the place to buy Cartier love bangles. There are so many fakes out there. They even fake the certificates, receipts, boxes and bags. Was the eBay seller a reputable, long time established business seller? They are more trustworthy. Random people with low feedback are more likely scammers.
they even fake them using real 18kt gold! A PSer bought what she thought was genuine but it was a replica. It was in 18ct gold but it was merely a replica. The hallmark on her replica was even a “real” Cartier number but it didnt correspond to her bangle (gold colour and bangle size).
unfortunately Cartier doesn’t authenticate anymore.
One way to get better clarification is to weigh the bangle. As a size 16 in 750 gold it should weigh very close to 31 grams. If it doesn’t weigh within 1 gram of that weight it isn’t likely authentic.

Hantr911

Rough_Rock
eBay is not the place to buy Cartier love bangles. There are so many fakes out there. They even fake the certificates, receipts, boxes and bags. Was the eBay seller a reputable, long time established business seller? They are more trustworthy. Random people with low feedback are more likely scammers.
they even fake them using real 18kt gold! A PSer bought what she thought was genuine but it was a replica. It was in 18ct gold but it was merely a replica. The hallmark on her replica was even a “real” Cartier number but it didnt correspond to her bangle (gold colour and bangle size).
unfortunately Cartier doesn’t authenticate anymore.
One way to get better clarification is to weigh the bangle. As a size 16 in 750 gold it should weigh very close to 31 grams. If it doesn’t weigh within 1 gram of that weight it isn’t likely authentic.

Hi thank you. Yes I weighted it and it estimate between 29-30g . The seller has about 700 feedbacks and all positive. But the problem with eBay is that they don't allow us to see what the seller sold in the past. So it is hard to tell if he has a good reputation on Cartier jewelries.

m51galaxy

Shiny_Rock
The markings look good. It does not look like the cheap fakes I've seen on ebay. However, you can't be sure that it isn't an excellent fake. The St. Bernard head looks OK. If that's a 750 in the mark beside it, then that's OK.

tenshix

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I purchased this bracelet from eBay. It's a gift for my mom so I really really want someone can help me here. I do not want to disappoint her with fake item.
The bracelet came with boxes, cleaning kit, certificate, and even receipt. Please help. I don't own any Cartier jewelry so I have no glue.
IMG_20200121_173550.jpg

I have reservations about the hallmarks inside the bangle. It’s not as crisp looking as it should be but it’s possibly the lighting of the photo? The 3 hallmark symbols next to the Au750 are some symbols I’ve never seen. There should just be one kite shape looking one. There should also be no space between “Au” and “750”. Considering it was supposedly purchased in 2019 I feel like Cartier shouldn’t have vastly changed the hallmarks unless they do the hallmarks differently for Europe compared to Asia (where I got mine from)?

The certificate also looks off. Did it come in the red certificate card case?

m51galaxy

Shiny_Rock
The kite shape hallmark is for a factory in France. Cartier pieces made elsewhere will not have that mark. The far right mark is a standard symbol for 18k gold. There should be a tiny 750 in there. To the left of that mark in the Saint Bernard head used in Switzerland. It's possible that this was stamped to be able to be sold in a variety of European countries. Cartier pieces made in Italy will have a city/region stamp that is long with a * a number that indicates the factory an two letters indicating the region or city. * 1 AR stands for Uno A Erre Italia in Arezzo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results