carat
color
clarity

Please please help this confused PSer find a 7.3mm MRB with fat arrows

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello again!

I am helping a friend get a lab engagement ring. Her original antique EC sapphire was stolen during a break-in. So now is going to fully modern route with a lab MRB!

We have already settled on Diamonds USA, so it must be from that seller. They seem to have good prices and inventory, so hopefully you can find something!

I have trouble reading the videos. She likes the fatter less spiky arrows, and also liked how some of my old cuts had high crowns. I know an MRB will never have OEC proportions, but just throwing that out there.

She did not like ky 60/60 stone.

Size: 1.3/1.5ct in the 7.2/7.3mm range.
Color: DEF
Clarity: VS2 +

I have found a few that I think look good and score OK on the HCA. But I am not sure how that will translate in person. Please please help!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
The CA is a little shallow at 33.5. Like to see it 34-35 for an e-ring especially. No budget as long as it's from this seller?

And that's TERRIBLE about her break in and loss! :angryfire:
Yay for having a PS friend like you to the rescue! :love:

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks! This is why I need guidance. I didn't even look at crown angle. It's lab so unless you find something really overpriced, it should be fine. Let's say under 1k.

Yeah-the break in was particularly upsetting because some family sentimental family jewelery was taken as well. She never wore her E ring as it was quite delicate (just because it was a prong set sapphire) and she was always worried she would damage it. That's why she's going for a lab diamond in a sturdy setting- she she can wear it and pretty much never take it off!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear about your friend's break-in.

Here are some suggestions.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear about your friend's break-in.

Here are some suggestions.

Thanks so much, I decided to shy away from a CVD ( irrational I know) and the 1.59 was deemed too large, even though the 1.59 looks the best to me. So I bought the 1.41! It doesn't have an h&a designation on the lab report but I don't think that matters. Thank you again! She is probably having her ring made with them. Just waiting for a quote!

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh no! The 1.41 is unavailable and the 1.5 is no longer for sale.

What about this one?

1.45 E vvs2

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
I like it a lot, but I’m a relative newbie so wait for the experts to chime in … but I think it has potential!

And yes - good stones get swiped all the time. Good thing new ones show up everyday!

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Or this one

Attachments

• LG614396525 1.40 22.pdf
    439.2 KB · Views: 2

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! The 1.41 is unavailable and the 1.5 is no longer for sale.

What about this one?

1.45 E vvs2

The cut looks good, though I personally prefer HPHT and was sticking to those when i searched.

The 1.59 will be imperceptibly larger than a 7.3mm diamond to the naked eye. And there's always DSS. ;)) Are you sure your friend won't accept the 1.59?

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They ordered the 1.41- it was just that I have a time contraint and they said it might take too long. Thank you both for holding my hand!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results