shape
carat
color
clarity

Please need help with a EGL international laser inscription.

lumhechati

Rough_Rock
I'm new to this forum and was hoping someone can help me.I have lung cancer and had 3 surgeries and i buy diamonds from pawnshops(rings,earrings ete...)i then pull the diamonds and resale to help pay for treatment.Here's my problem :wall: I saw and bought a clean .70+ marquise diamond ring great color vs grade,i bought it because it's laser inscribed(so i figured a certified diamond-445.00)-well the laser script is EGL TD1801457** i can not find who graded it,or how to find the dossier...Can anyone tell me where to look-what site or who to call us egl stated it was european EGL.Also if send it to GIA can have it graded and re-laser inscripted????.Thanks and God Bless Roy :errrr:---inscription # is EGL TD180145705.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Please need help with a EGL international laser inscript

lumhechati|1452942033|3976717 said:
I'm new to this forum and was hoping someone can help me.I have lung cancer and had 3 surgeries and i buy diamonds from pawnshops(rings,earrings ete...)i then pull the diamonds and resale to help pay for treatment.Here's my problem :wall: I saw and bought a clean .70+ marquise diamond ring great color vs grade,i bought it because it's laser inscribed(so i figured a certified diamond-445.00)-well the laser script is EGL TD1801457** i can not find who graded it,or how to find the dossier...Can anyone tell me where to look-what site or who to call us egl stated it was european EGL.Also if send it to GIA can have it graded and re-laser inscripted????.Thanks and God Bless Roy :errrr:---inscription # is EGL TD180145705.
Hello Roy. First of all, please accept sincere thoughts and positive energy for your health.

Regarding the inscription: The EGL group used to have many lab locations. Prefixes like "TD" may indicate which lab issued the report but in late 2014, in response to historic EGL over-grading, all diamonds with EGL grading reports were removed from professional trading networks. This effectively ended their volume-trading and EGL International ceased operating in 2015. As a result their website and report-lookup service no longer exist.

EGL-USA separated itself from the overseas labs before the ban and remains in-business. They may have no information if it was graded overseas, but are easily contacted. Their phone number is +1-888-345-8724 and the email contact is [email protected]
http://www.eglusa.com/

EGL Platinum is what remains overseas. Like EGL-USA, they distanced itself from overgrading practices by the former EGL International. It's possible they could have records about this grading report if EGL-USA does not.
http://www.egl-platinum.com/

Also if send it to GIA can have it graded and re-laser inscripted????
I would suggest that you have the EGL inscription polished off prior to sending the diamond to GIA. Otherwise it will be dual-inscribed and potential buyers would no-doubt pause to do a hunt for this EGL information, as you have.

Wishing you strength, health and success.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results