shape
carat
color
clarity

Please need help picking diamond wedding band

Bellasky

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I got a 0.80ct hearts on fire vs2 color g diamond ring and want to get a 5 stone diamond band but can't decide if a 0.25ctw or a 0.50ctw will be better. I don't want the wedding band to over shine my 0.80ct e-ring. I just want it to look like a nice set but not overpowpering. I haven't seen any of the hearts on fire bands in real life so I can't figure out which is better. I was also looking at the hearts on fire multiplicity 5 stone and the Lorelei floral diamond band in 0.25ctw.
I have a very small ring size of 3.5 so my 0.80ct looks big on me already. So may suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks

image_78.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Please need help picking 5 stone wedding band

My worry is that the .5 would be overpowering but the diamonds on the .25 won't stretch all the way across your finger. Is it possible for you to get a skinny half-eternity or a seven-stone?

Bellasky

Rough_Rock
Re: Please need help picking 5 stone wedding band

distracts|1443249240|3932008 said:
My worry is that the .5 would be overpowering but the diamonds on the .25 won't stretch all the way across your finger. Is it possible for you to get a skinny half-eternity or a seven-stone?

I was thinking about the 7 stone or diamonds half way too. I also love the hearts on fire Lorelei floral band looks so pretty. I just figure since my ring size is 3.5 the 0.25ctw might work. Here's a picture of the 0.25ctw ring size at 4.75. The seller said it can be resize to 3.5 for me. The diamonds almost cover her whole finger and since I have to size it down another 1.25 to fit do you think the diamonds will be enough to wrap around my finger?

Lorelei floral band
http://www.heartsonfire.com/shop-jewelry/rings/wedding-bands/lorelei-floral-diamond-band.aspx

Here's a pic of the ring on sellers hand

image_9.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that band will be very pretty and will probably cover the front of your finger nicely.
The only problem I have with half-eternities is that they turn all the time. Even a 2/3 makes me crazy, but many people have them and like them.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest I think you would be better off with a 7 stone so that if it does spin a little it will still cover the top of your finger.
You do realize with a band like these you will probably need a separator ring to keep the wedding band diamonds from eating
the prongs on your engagement ring. Just something you might want to check first.

That floral band is very pretty. Wish you had a picture of it with your ering. Would not need a separator ring with the floral band.

Bellasky

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1443287550|3932110 said:
To be honest I think you would be better off with a 7 stone so that if it does spin a little it will still cover the top of your finger.
You do realize with a band like these you will probably need a separator ring to keep the wedding band diamonds from eating
the prongs on your engagement ring. Just something you might want to check first.

That floral band is very pretty. Wish you had a picture of it with your ering. Would not need a separator ring with the floral band.

I'm leaning towards the floral band too. I love the style and with it being 0.20ctw it won't overpower my 0.80ct e-ring
I was thinking about getting it in rose gold or white gold but if I want it to match I will have to do white gold

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the floral band! But if you go with a straight diamond band, I'd go with 7 stones and no more than 5 points each.

Bellasky

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1443324951|3932291 said:
I love the floral band! But if you go with a straight diamond band, I'd go with 7 stones and no more than 5 points each.

which floral band do you think will be better to match my 0.80ct e-ring? The large floral band with 0.70ctw or the small floral band with 0.20ctw? I haven't seen any in person but the pictures on the website both looks pretty.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for a seven stone for you, 5 pointers max so about ,35cttw. Although eternity if often my pick it's nice to have a half for when you'll be "doing" thing with your hands and don't want to wear something so fragile. I started off with a half to go with my "set" and have added an eternity since that I usually wear on it's own. The half is def more sturdy and better for daily wear.

Bellasky

Rough_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1443367248|3932402 said:
Another vote for a seven stone for you, 5 pointers max so about ,35cttw. Although eternity if often my pick it's nice to have a half for when you'll be "doing" thing with your hands and don't want to wear something so fragile. I started off with a half to go with my "set" and have added an eternity since that I usually wear on it's own. The half is def more sturdy and better for daily wear.

I'm looking at the hof multiplicity love 7 stone wedding band so does that need a ring separator? My e-ring is just a cathedral style single solitaire round cut 0.80ct diamond. If not what hof diamond band doesn't need a ring separator for the e-ring I have. And if I do need a separator where do I get one that thin enough to not have a huge gap in between. I'm looking at hof diamonds because my e-ring is a hof diamond and I just love how it sparkles and it looks bigger than a normal 0.80ct because of the perfect cut.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results