shape
carat
color
clarity

Please, Need Expert Advise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gloria

Rough_Rock
Would you be so kind to recommend to me some of the most reliable places where I could purchase a quality diamond at competitive prices?I am looking for a GIA cert., radiant diamond, aprox. half carat, with great cut and color. It will be on a solitaire setting.Also, do these companies accept trade-ins?
I have an almost new, beautiful 18-karat yellow gold ring with a 0.25 ct., certified brilliant diamond, with appraisal certificate. It comes on a tension setting, from Stern Jewelers, International. I never wear it, and would rather someone else enjoyed it. Plus it would help lower the price of the radiant one I am looking for...I really appreciate any expert advise.Thank you very much!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gloria,Are you looking to buy in a local store or on the internet? Have you done a search on Pricescope or tried the diamondcatcher (check the menu bar)? There are some great companies out there offering excellent prices. When you search, look at the stones listed and click on the websites to check them out. Take a look at the dealers' histories, services, return policies, etc. and give them a call if applicable. As far as trade-in, I guess this is something you will have to discuss with each dealer.Check out http://www.gemappraisers.com/chrt3.htm
for the best proportions for a radiant cut diamond. They will also check out diamonds you may want to purchase before you pay for them if the seller will cooperate. So will Bill Lieberum (rockdoc), http://www.diamondclearinghouse.com
These guys are independent appraisers who will evaluate/appraise your diamond without bias (they don't sell stones to consumers). Then you will know if the stone matches the cert, if you are being asked a fair price, and if it really looks beautiful. It is harder to evaluate fancy cuts by the numbers than it is with rounds.
Good luck, feel free to ask more questions, and keep us posted!
smile.gif
lawmax

Gloria

Rough_Rock
Dear Lawmax:Thanks for all your tips.
I will follow your advise and do more research.Thanks!
smile.gif

Gloria

Rough_Rock
Dear Lawmax,
Thanks for the tip. I will e-mail Steve.
Thanks.
Gloria

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
You're welcome!
smile.gif
lawmax

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Gloria,
Bill and I have worked together to find the perfect princess cut for someone else. If I can answer any questions, or help in any way, please let me know.
------------------

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gloria,You can send email to Steve at [email protected] husband bought my diamond from him and he is the greatest!
smile.gif
lawmax

Gloria

Rough_Rock
Dear SteveL,Thanks for your reply.
I am also looking for the best radiant cut in a 0.50 to 0.65 ct. diamond.
Any recommendations you can send will be appreciated.
Thank you

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks for the kind words, but the consumers are the best people. They talk honest and open, with no hidden agenda.Have a great day!------------------

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
[FONT=Verdana,]quote:[/FONT]
Originally posted by lawmax:
Hi Gloria,You can send email to Steve at [email protected] husband bought my diamond from him and he is the greatest!
smile.gif
lawmax

And I thought Muhamed Ali was the greatest!LOLrockdoc's hunor dept. :razz:

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
ALl kidding aside...
SteveL is a quality jeweler, and extremely ethical.He won't steer ya wrong...
rockdoc

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi rockdoc,I'm not a boxing fan but I am a diamond fan! Ali just doesn't have what I'm looking for!
smile.gif
Mr. Steve on the other hand-well, he's got every kind of diamond you could want, he knows his stuff and he's trustworthy-what more could a girl want?
wink.gif
smile.gif
lawmax

Gloria

Rough_Rock
Dear Lawmax,Where is your famous Mr. Steve located?
What city/state?thanks.
smile.gif

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What more could a girl want? A full day at a "day spa", and for dad to take care of the children(child) while she(you) enjoys yourself
smile.gif
------------------

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gloria,Steve is in Columbia, SC, but he works with customers from there to England. Email him.He's StevL who posted to you above.
smile.gif
lawmax

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
ok, maybe you know me too well! I *was* just talking about the diamond situation though. A purchase from Mr. Steve does come with excellent follow-up service-are you offering trips to spas and babysitting now too? Sign me up!
smile.gif
lawmax

Gloria

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend bought the diamond last weekend.
I want to thank you all for your kind replies and advise.
I'll be logging off permanently now.
Thanks again,
Gloria.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results