shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE!! NEED AN OPINION

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Piperboy

Rough_Rock
Hey Everyone! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
I have a few questions about the e-ring I am going to have made. The %''s are not supplied with the diamond but I am not really concerned with this - the diamond looks really nice to the naked eye and at 10x so I am happy!

14K white gold ring princess cut center with 2 princess (total 4) and 3 baguettes (total 6) set on either side with rounded bars separating them.

center stone:
.73 ct VS2 F good cut princess 4.98x4.81x3.67 (Gemscan graded)

side stones:
.19 total carat in 4 princess cut diamonds VS2 G
.19 total carat in 6 tapered baguette cut diamonds VS2 G

Price approx. $3800 US

I initially wanted platinum, but when looking at white gold and platinum together I didn''t notice much difference in colour or wear. The jeweller says the setting will look better cast in white gold versus hand worked in platinum. I have his guarantee of his quality in white gold. I will go with 14k white gold - but I just wanted to know your opinions!!!!!

Thanks A Million!!!!!!!! Piperboy!

69gm

Shiny_Rock
just a quick note about your setting:

platinum is more sturdy than white gold. also, white gold is just yellow gold with stuff added to it. it will turn yellowish with time. platinum will not change color...ever.

many of the experts can get into the details of it but this was just a quickie.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
HI piper, I tried sending you a message, but I dont think it worked. Whats your email?
Take care,
Graeme

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
HI piper, I tried sending you a message, but I dont think it worked. Whats your email?
Take care,
Graeme

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
HI piper,

I tried sending you a message, but I dont think it worked. Whats your email?

Take care,
Graeme

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
sorry, I pressed submit twice, or three times, i apologize. :/

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
If you can afford the platium, go for the platium. It will make a sturdier ring. The only reason your jeweler would suggest white gold is if he's capable of working in platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results