shape
carat
color
clarity

Please, need advice about dimaond chip replacement

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

duggan210

Rough_Rock
I need advice about replacing a chipped diamond in my engagement ring. It is a Bailey Banks & Biddle Lineage cut. The ring was sent to their NY headquarters for inspection. We were told that we would then have several comprable stones shipped back that we could select from and that the whole process would take about three to four weeks. Since then, we have been told that a new stone will be cut, replaced in the ring and sent back without a choice of selection or knowing anything about the new stone ahead of time, other than it will be of "comprable quality". Also, it will be several more weeks to a month now before the new stone is cut. The store manager, where we discovered the chip, has been particularly helpful and has offered to replace the stone with one of the Lineage diamonds in his store. The problem is that I just don''t know how to compare our choices.

Our original diamond is a .78 carat, G, SI1/SI2. The choice that the store manager is offering us is either a .71, F, SI1 or a .72, F, VS2, or to wait for a new stone to be cut. Without seeing the stones (we live in a rural area, two hours away from the city) or any kind of pricing I just don''t know how to compare. We have had good experiences with BB&B in the past and the store manager is being great, but don''t want to be taken advantage of, especially on something so sentimental and personal. Any advice?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds like the store manager is offering you a slightly better stone as a replacement. Why not ask the store manager to get your ring back from the corporate office and then you can compare the stones in the store with the one in your ring and make a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results