shape
carat
color
clarity

Please identify this piece

Todayis1984

Rough_Rock
Can anyone tell me anything about this, my friend bought a storage unit and it had about 7 tubs or 400 lbs of jewels, jewelry from different eras and countries. Lots of costume jewelry from what looks to be the late 19th and early 20th century. Allot of silver, gold, jade and ivory.

I helped him pack it and somewhat sort some of it and he gave me this piece because I liked it. I'm curious to what it might be, if anyone can tell me their opinions I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance

20161119_194412.jpg

Todayis1984

Rough_Rock
Wow, 23 views and not a single comment, did I do something wrong ?

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, I'm one of the views, just have no idea what I'm looking at! :) but also curious to know more - hope someone will happen along soon who can help identify!

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
You didn't do anything wrong except lack a little patience. (What time zone are you in?) Also it is an unusual object. Are there any visible marks that indicate what kind of metal the setting is? I would take it to a jeweler, who can do a literal scratch test to find out.
It looks like silver. The inside piece looks like a much older seal with some kind of lettering on it, but I don't know enough foreign languages to say what. Maybe Hebrew/Hindi/Arabic? Or ancient Hittite? So hard to tell. Do let us know if you find out anything interesting!

Todayis1984

Rough_Rock
Oh OK haha, that makes perfect sensense bro. I wish I had more history to share on it. It seems to be copper wrapped in silver but I may be way off. Thanks for those who commented so far.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take it to a museum or university that has a middle eastern language department. The key is the language.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it looks like an ancient middle eastern coin of bronze set into a silver pendant. You would need a person with knowledge on that subject to identify and date it.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Indeed it does look more like a coin than a seal. Maybe it's the Widow's Mite!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results