shape
carat
color
clarity

Please id this vintage pendant design or origin

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
I bought a 14k gold diamond flower pendant from a UK based seller on ebay. I haven't received it yet but here are the seller's photos. All I know is: the seller bought it at auction 20 years ago. The diamond is 0.25ct. The gold is 14k. The seller decided to get it hallmarked before selling as it didn't have one.

I know in the UK the laws are very strict around hallmarks, and 14k is not a purity of gold that is common here. So I think it's from the US. Can anyone offer any other insights into this? It looks handmade to me.
back.jpg back2.jpg front.jpg side.jpg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s lovely. I wonder if it was converted from something else? The back of the flower looks finished and I don’t think it would bother your skin, so why the need to build a “cage” to prop it up? Purely speculation. The texture on the petals is really nice. My guess is 60s-70s because textured yellow gold was popular.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness what a lovely design! And I love how the basket “lifts the flower off of the skin a bit!

It’s lovely. I wonder if it was converted from something else? The back of the flower looks finished and I don’t think it would bother your skin, so why the need to build a “cage” to prop it up? Purely speculation. The texture on the petals is really nice. My guess is 60s-70s because textured yellow gold was popular.

I’m guessing it was done for visual impact, to make the pendant “pop” a bit. But it would also help keep the petals from getting caught in fine knits etc. if it was worn over clothing rather than on bare skin.

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock
I've taken it to my local jewellers to get it checked out. I live in a town of antique shops so maybe someone will know something about this style.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow it’s so pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results