shape
carat
color
clarity

please help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

want2sell

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I have a big stone (3.5 carats) and i have had it checked and certified here in Dubai with IGI. However, before getting it certified I was told by 15 professional jewlers that the stone was clour K or L and looked flawless. However, the certification said the stone was N! It is a brilliant stone and I think it is 8* cut (round). the Clarity is claimed to be VS1 and the jewelers said that it was not less than a VVS1. Should I use another agency to get my stone certified and checked before selling it? I can send other details about the stone (cut, finish, specs etc) if it would help to give more advise. What would be a fair price to ask if I decided to sell it?
Please advise.
Cheers
wavey.gif

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Why do you think it is cut by 8* (is that what you are saying?)...and if it was, why doesn't it have a GIA cert? Seems to me you should/would know if it were an 8*.

It needs to be graded by GIA if you expect to realize the best return, which if you sell to the trade won't be much. You're better selling privately or on consignment, but folks will first want to know what you have.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
in addition to Gary's very big questions.....

IGI are quite well respected outside USA today - especially in the last few years since they tightened their grading and moved out of the EGL "we will call it what you want" business (This is what caused the EGL USA fight against the EGL Europe / Israel).

If the jewellers you showed it to were looking to buy the stone - do not show them the paper.
If that is 15 seperate jewellers you have been annoying then I would also ask are you paying them to annoy them - or just wasting loads of peoples time?

want2sell

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Thanks for all your inputs and here are more details. I am a novice and basically was sharing opinions from jewlers (concerning 8* mention earlier). As I said I have been interested in selling the stone and since i was travelling via Dubai I decided to explore the option. As for IGI, yes they do now have a Lab now in Dubai and are located in the GoldLand building in Deira Dubai. However, I was not sure of their services and hense asked you all for your opinions. Ok here are all the details on the stone as per IGI report:

DESCRIPTION: Natural Diamond
SHAPE: Round Brilliant
WEIGHT: 3.43 CT, Measurements: 9.78 x 9.88 x 5.79 mm
CLARITY GRADE: VS 1
COLOUR GRADE: N Fluorescence: Very Slight
FINISH:
- Polish and Symmetry: Very Good
- Proportions: Very Good
- Table Diameter: 63%
- Crown Height: 13%
- Pavillion Depth: 43.5%
- Girdle Thickness: Thin to Medium
- Culet Size: Small Faceted

I would really appriciate if anyone of you gurus on diamonds could give me some advise and tips on my selling the stone. Including a prise range that would be fair to ask. Like I had mentioned the stone is very old (40+ years) and is a european fabulous cut.

Should I get another opinion from HRD or someone else. I have some concern on the colour they have said (N)?

Cheers
wavey.gif

want2sell

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Thanks for all your inputs and here are more details. I am a novice and basically was sharing opinions from jewlers (concerning 8* mention earlier). As I said I have been interested in selling the stone and since i was travelling via Dubai I decided to explore the option. As for IGI, yes they do now have a Lab now in Dubai and are located in the GoldLand building in Deira Dubai. However, I was not sure of their services and hense asked you all for your opinions. Ok here are all the details on the stone as per IGI report:

DESCRIPTION: Natural Diamond
SHAPE: Round Brilliant
WEIGHT: 3.43 CT, Measurements: 9.78 x 9.88 x 5.79 mm
CLARITY GRADE: VS 1
COLOUR GRADE: N Fluorescence: Very Slight
FINISH:
- Polish and Symmetry: Very Good
- Proportions: Very Good
- Table Diameter: 63%
- Crown Height: 13%
- Pavillion Depth: 43.5%
- Girdle Thickness: Thin to Medium
- Culet Size: Small Faceted

I would really appriciate if anyone of you gurus on diamonds could give me some advise and tips on my selling the stone. Including a prise range that would be fair to ask. Like I had mentioned the stone is very old (40+ years) and is a european fabulous cut.

Should I get another opinion from HRD or someone else. I have some concern on the colour they have said (N)?

Cheers
wavey.gif

robbe

Shiny_Rock
hi mr cutnut,

i confirm: igi has a lab in dubai. i've been there last month.

one igi-antwerp certified diamond that i was trying to sell had to undergo authenticity test at igi-dubai as per my client's request.

regards, robbe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results