shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BESS BEE

Rough_Rock
7.gif
THIS IS A 1ST FOR ME AND I HAVE NOT A CLUE WHAT I AM DOING
7.gif
BUT I HAVE A QUESTION. I HAVE HAD A NUMBER OF DIAMOND RINGS AND AT DIFFERENT TIMES I TAKEN THEM TO A JEWELERS AND HAVE HAD THEM TESTED. I HAVE NOTICED AFTER THEY TEST MY DIAMONDS I HAVE NEW SPOTS
6.gif
WHERE THEY HAVE USED A TESTER IN MY DIAMONDS. ITS LIKE A LITTLE DOT WITH A SMALL RING AROUND IT INSIDE ON STONE
40.gif
. WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW DOES A DIAMOND TESTER HURT DIAMONDS
23.gif
AND WHERE DO THESE DOTS COME FROM AFTER THEY HAVE TESTED MY STONES
20.gif
. THANK YOU BESS BEE
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never heard of that, do not know really about it. Are you taking the things to the same place each time?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Why do you keep getting your diamonds tested for being diamonds?

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
And why are you SHOUTING?
14.gif

(caps lock off, please
35.gif
)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome Bess, thank you for turning off the caps lock.

As far as I am aware, a diamond tester cannot hurt a diamond, as it is the Holidays I don''t know if many of the experts will be here to help you, maybe it is dirt on the actual diamond and the tester is leaving a mark in that - grease etc? Give them a good clean with an ammonia solution and see if that helps if you get them tested again...

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Every time I have taken my diamonds in for cleaning or remodeling into a different setting, they always have me loupe them first, and then again before pick up. It sounds like you enjoy possibly scoping out treasures at estate sales or online and then going and getting them appraised? If so, share your stories! And get them louped before and after and ask questions before you leave your jeweler/appraiser!

Why you are seeing debris on them afterwards, I don''t know. Does it come off?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results