shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoovillemd

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,
I live in Boston, MA. I need to insure my new diamond and do not know how or where to go to get this done. I do not rent so I can not put it on rental insurance and I do not owne a home. I have car and health insurance but thats about it. If anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks,
Matt Dabney

md

Rough_Rock
I live in Boston and have heard many people recommend Chubb. I recently did a search and found a couple places in the area offer their coverage:

Aronson Insurance
Newton Centre
617-965-3030
www.aronsoninsurance.com

Rodman Insurance
Needham
781-247-7800
www.rodmanins.com

There are also several listed in Boston. These are just more convenient for me as I live in Brookline. I haven't price checked yet, but plan on doing so this week. You can get a full list at www.chubb.com. From what I've read they offer the best coverage.

MD

2carrots

Rough_Rock
I'd love to know the answer to this question, too. I contacted a few Chubb agents and they all told me that I had to have more substantial business with Chubb, like homeowner's insurance (renter's isn't sufficient) in order to get my jewelry insured. The company I get my car insurance and renter's insurance through will only insure up to $5000, which is less than the value of my ring. The only option I found was Jewelers Mutual, which has a replacement policy...which isn't nearly as good as Chubb's cash policy (they'll pay you the cash value of your ring instead of replacing it with a "similar" ring. Anyone have any other ideas?

md

Rough_Rock
That's strange. Even through my auto insurance agent I can insure my ring for $16,000 (which is the appraised value). You might want to give them a call. It is Sawyer Insurance in Boston. Don't have the number in front of me but it's in the phone book. I'm not really sure about how the coverage works with them. Never really checked, I'm determined to get Chubbb to cover. I called one agent (don't have it with me either) and they said no problem, I just had to go in with the appraisal and set it up. I will let you know when I do it this week and give you the info.

student

Shiny_Rock
I am working (by means of phone, e-mail, and fax) with Personal Lines Insurance Brokerage (1-800-754-1116). I don't have any other insurance aside from health insurance. It is a subsidiary of Chubb, and so might be better informed than other Chubb agents.

md

Rough_Rock
Thanks student for the advice. I believe they are in Boston right? I think they are in the building around the corner from my office in Post Office Square. I'll go over there at lunch today to check it out.

2carrots

Rough_Rock
I called three brokers (from the Chubb website) that all told me the same thing. I don't know if this makes a difference, but I live in Los Angeles. I will call the Chubb subsidiary tomorrow. Thanks.

hoovillemd

Rough_Rock
I would like to thank everyone on your help. I will let you all know how everything works out.

Thanks Alot,
Matt Dabney

2carrots

Rough_Rock
Student,

Thanks for posting the number for Personal Lines Insurance Brokerage. They do know more than other Chubb agents. I will be buying my e-ring insurance from them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results