shape
carat
color
clarity

:( Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

juan

Rough_Rock
i missed the boat on this ring. it sold for $270. was that an amazing deal that is gone now or should i be able to re-create the ring for about the same amount of money?

ebayring.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Juan, it may have been $270 AS IS, but you said you had to change the head for a 1 ct? That will add labor cost, but not sure how much.

I think a lot of good jewelers will be willing to customize it, but I have a fear the price won't be the same, but the quality may be better (a little more solid).

Anyone know a good jeweler in these types of rings?

juan

Rough_Rock
if anybody has pictures of something similar to this i would love it if you would post them. my fiance wants the wedding ring to insert into the outer bands, with the center stone being attached to the outer rings.

Griffin

Shiny_Rock
I can post some pictures of similar sets I have made or seen, but you probably won't find anything in quite that price range.
The setting on EBAY was extremely light for it's size, so I'm betting it was hollow. Also, it had 22 stones for .14 carat total - so the larger of the stones were .01 carat and the smallest were .005 or .0025 carat.
Yes, people do sell half and quarter point stones! I had to work with these on a corporate contract once and we had to wear masks to keep from inhalng them!

In short, I think missing that "deal" may have been a good thing for you. It looked great in the picture, but I think you would have been disappointed in the actual piece.
It sounds like you are already working with a jeweler, and I would not be afraid to have him make just what you want instead of paying to modify an inexpensive piece. It probably won't cost any more in the long run.

juan

Rough_Rock
griffin: i would love to see some of your work or pics of things that you think are unique and beautiful. i don't have to buy a ring exactly like the other but i have yet to see anything else that comes close. it would be cool to have another setting as an option.
i am meeting with a jeweller on tues to find out how much it would cost to re-create andre's ebay ring in a better quality? any suggestions as to how much is exceptable for the same style done in 18K two-tone that is still less than 6 mm but with much more gold to make it a solid piece while maintaining the design integrity of the original.

juan

Rough_Rock
sorry! obviously that should read 'acceptable'

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results