shape
carat
color
clarity

please help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ineedhelp

Rough_Rock
I''m going nuts! As you can see I''m a newbee. This is the second time I have been searching for my fiance''s engagement ring, the first I got took for a little over $10000 off the internet and got nothing. still trying to get the guy, but it doesn''t look good, but thats that and I''m almost over that to the best I can. I need help finding her a ring and i don''t know what I should be looking for first. I guess the only thing i know is that I want a round hearts and arroww cut or round brilliant between 1.5- 1.85ct. I don''t know how important one "C" is over the other. I have been putting in the computer searches vs1-vs2 but I don''t know if I could get something just as good in a si1 or something else. I just don''t want to see and inclusions and I want the diamond to sparkle alot. I have a price range of $10000 to $12000, more on the $10000 but wouldn''t sy no on a great deal on $12000.
My fiance found the first ring and she feels it''s all her fault from what happened and she has told me she doesn''t even want a ring anymore, so she knew alot more about diamonds than I do. I want to get it before new years because we;re going to las vegas and If I gave it to her then she would be totally surprised. She doesn''t even think I have been looking for the past couple of months. Any help you guys can give me would be very appreciative. Thanks, Chris

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Wow...bummer about your first attempt!

First off, select a stone from one of the vendors that has some good feedback posted so that you get some referrals. There are lost of vendors who list stones here on pricescope who come highly recommended. If you find several interesting stones, post details here, and people will give you their opinions. Also, call some of the vendors and they will help you through the process. Make sure you get full dimensions, including crown and pavilion angles on the stones you consider, since cut is the most important thing, and those angles tend to drive the cut performance. You can plug the numbers into the HCA cut advisor here to help screen out losers.

Once you find a stone, have it sent to an independent appraiser BEFORE you pay for it to ensure that it is what they say it is, and to give you another expert opinion. Doing that before you send any money will help protect you. If you send it to a local one, you can see it before paying for it. However there are some really top notch ones listed on this board who might nit be local, but should be able to work with you remotely.

The general opinion is that you can get the most bang for your buck by going to a G or H vs2 or si1 stone. I would start there, and get some of the vendors helping you find just the right stone.

Good luck! Post questions as you go, the the people here will help you with the process.

ineedhelp

Rough_Rock
thanks alot guys for your replies, it helps alot. I really apreciate it, Chris
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results