shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help, wrong stone, wrong setting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tibro

Rough_Rock
I purchased a 1.21 F VS2 ACA from whiteflash and had it set in a single stone setting about a month ago. Yesterday, my girlfriend and I went to a local jewerler to look at rings, and of course I had to play dumb while there because she has no idea I have already bought a ring. While there she said that she liked princess cut stones and picked out a setting with accent stones around the center stone, like a "halo setting", and small stones down the side. Obviously my taste was completely off base. I dont mind changing the setting to one she will like more, which is about $1200 more, than the one I picked but cant afford to exchange the stone for the princess cut through whiteflashes up grade policy. Also I do not want to go with the setting from the local jewerler because it is about $2200 more and I will be stuck with the original setting from whiteflash. I think the best option for me is to keep the stone and change the setting to one of the "halo" settings whitefash offers, links below:
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Halo-Prong-Ring-by-WF_941.htm
http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Halo-Bezel-Ring-By-WF_940.htm

I am just worried that she would like a princess cut stone over the one I bought. Please help!!!

avlis

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 8:51:15 AM
Author:tibro
I dont mind changing the setting to one she will like more, which is about $1200 more, than the one I picked but cant afford to exchange the stone for the princess cut through whiteflashes up grade policy...

...I am just worried that she would like a princess cut stone over the one I bought. Please help!!!

dont you just need to pick out a slightly larger stone for a full credit of your original diamond? i havent dealt with WF, but from what i have read on PS, you should call them and explain your situation. I bet they''ll hook you up. but i could be wrong.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
I think you have a 30 day return or something, I would at least call them and see what they can do for you. It is possible your GF will love what you have for her, but you should at least look into your options.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would definitely call WF and explain to them what has happened. I do believe their upgrade policy is very easy, you don''t have to spend double like some policy''s so you might be suprised at how doable changing to the ring she wants might be...

good luck...

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
It''s also possible that the princess with halo jumped out at her at this particular store, but that she would love your ring just as much. Was it the first time you two have shopped? How strong was her preference? Did she also get a chance to look at any round solitaires while you were there? Personally, I would find out about my options for upgrading, but propose with the ring you have. Then I would let her choose which one she prefers.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
tbro,

my friends here have given you some good suggestions, and usually, I try to be helpful.

But I just can''t help myself but asking (now that you are already hitting your head against a wall already), but...what were you thinking? I can see surprising the girl. I can see consulting. But...were you just hoping to get lucky, and get a match, of her preference, and your insight?

Best wishes with this, of course!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Tibro, was this the only time you went looking at rings with your GF? I''m just wondering if it''s one of those things where there was nothing else compelling in the case to look at?

Even though she said at that time that she likes Princess, maybe she likes other shapes also, including Round Brilliant (RB). Maybe you should go looking at rings again and she how she responds to a RB? And one of the same quality you chose. Maybe even ask her mother or a girlfriend or look through a magazine with her. I would hate for you to go through a huge switch unnecessarily.

The stone you bought sounds stunning! I can see why you''d set it as a solitaire - it must be a real sparkler. I can''t imagine any girl not being thrilled with the diamond you described. And the diamond is coming from YOU along with that incredibly romantic sentiment of wanting to marry her. If you are convinced that she will only be thrilled with a princess, I hope WF can help you. Otherwise, you can always get her some princess studs for V-Day or her birthday. That RB sounds great!

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
if trying to switch out the stone doesn''t work, i think the RB in the halo would be gorgeous. as a girl who got a princess halo (not yet on the finger though), i would have loved a RB halo as well and definitely think the link you provided is a gorgeous setting. and over time she may decide she wanted a RB anyway since the RB is a very classic stone. the other thing i noticed was that finding a halo for a princess for us wasn''t an easy task. most of the halos we found for a princess weren''t as delicate as i preferred or were very chunky - also not my preference. i think there are a lot more halo options for rounds that are very delicate and classic looking.

definitely try to pump her for more info to see if that princess setting was the only one she liked - did they have a similar round halo? if so how did she react to that?

good luck.

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
tibro, you mean that *but cant afford to exchange the stone for the princess cut through whiteflashes up grade policy*
because AGS? am I confused?
you got 1.216 ct F VS2 from WF ,
it''s sounds very beautiful !
don''t you think if she would falling love with the ring if she take look in person?
maybe she will be so happy with H&A cut stone and will love the super sparkle fire.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results