shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with your expertise and recommendations for specific GIA certified diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kolsasha

Rough_Rock
All,
You are doing amazing job by explaining everything in details about diamonds and how to select one – the “right” one for me and for money!
The quantity of information and difference in opinion make new buyer overwhelmed so I like to ask you about stone with following GIA report.

Report Type: GIA Diamond Grading Report
Date of Issue: July 03, 2006

Round Brilliant
Measurements: 7.44 - 7.51 x 4.47 mm
Carat Weight: 1.52
Color Grade: I
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade: Excellent
Proportions:
Depth: 59.8 %
Table: 61 %
Crown Angle: 35°
Crown Height: 14 %
Pavilion Angle: 41°
Pavilion Depth: 43.5 %
Star length: 55 %
Lower Half: 80 %
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None

Selected: 59.8% depth, 61% table, 35° crown angle, 41° pavilion angle
The result is for a symmetrical diamond with a medium girdle and very good polish

Light Return Very Good
Fire Good
Scintillation Good
Spread
or diameter for weight Excellent
Total Visual Performance 3.2 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right

Please help with your expertise and recommendations about parameters of this diamond: good, bad, what can be better to perform better – fire, sparkle, return light, and amaze the owner!
How much it might worth to pay for, if you would have to buy it?
Also what is the $ value if you would do individual appraisal?
May be some of you have some stones that are comparable to this particular one and how much would you charge for It?

I’m looking for professional advices and your opinion that will help me to make decision about FIRST loose diamond purchase.

Best Regards,
KOLsasha

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS
35.gif

The first thing I would say is to read the tutorial to learn about cut. This diamond could be improved on, it is slightly steep and deep with the crown and pavillion angles which may show some dark areas possibly in the diamond. The depth is just a tidge shallow and the table quite large - I prefer personally a smaller table in the mid fifties. To price similar use the search tool to compare to get a feel for prices. All in all I really think you can improve on this diamond, it might look nice, but by the numbers you could do better. Also this is a newer GIA report with rounded angles which you might need to see if you can get some more cut info to help with it.

Regarding appraisal value, only a good independant appraiser can advise you really as there are so many variables.

For a real sock exploder, read the tutorials, take your time and learn and compare. When you choose your contenders see if the vendor has any Idealscope images and or a Sarin report to help judge how the diamond handles light and therefore performs. Is this with a jeweller or online? This has to be taken into account with the guide price. However the final test is your own eyes. If you have seen this diamond and love it, that is the most important thing.
Hope this helps.

ETA - I am not a professional, few of us are, just knowledgeable enthusiasts. Maybe one of the experts might log in later to help you.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Total Visual Performance 3.2 - Very Good - Worth buying if the price is right

Please help with your expertise and recommendations about parameters of this diamond: good, bad, what can be better to perform better – fire, sparkle, return light, and amaze the owner!
How much it might worth to pay for, if you would have to buy it?
Also what is the $ value if you would do individual appraisal?
May be some of you have some stones that are comparable to this particular one and how much would you charge for It?
Best Regards,
KOLsasha
So...If you do have to buy it (?)...as the text says, worth buying at the right price.

I''ll let others help you with the valuation, if that''s your circumstance, however, you can also use the "pricescope your diamond" feature above, seek out diamonds with simila characterists, and try this youself.

However, you have found the HCA cut advisor. A conservative approach might be to both find a diamond you like, and that scores 0 - 2...whereby frequently you don''t have to pay a significant premium to get that to work out. I''d go for that, if it were an option.

kolsasha

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the replies.
Any one else?
Since it is a huge purchase for me i like to hear a professional opinion and may be the price that
I should pay for this stone.

gemmy1

Rough_Rock
Since it is a huge purchase for me i like to hear a professional opinion and may be the price that
I should pay for this stone.
You are getting the equivalent of professional opinions. The contributors here, while they may be modest and call themselves "knowlegeable enthusiasts", know a great deal about diamonds. In fact, many of them know considerably more than many professionals. Follow their leads and you will be in position to properly evaluate your options and make a good buy.

kolsasha

Rough_Rock
I do like to follow the opinions and will be glad to do that, but i so just one valid point so far.
Stone does looks nice, and it is much better than other 5 I saw.
I''m ready to buy it but like to confirm that a seller does not charge me to much.
That is why I''m looking fro professional appraisal opinion.
Should I pay 7600 for it or not.
Thank you everyone.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bryan thanks so much for your kind words
35.gif
It is great that a pro like yourself values the input of us PSers and think our time spent here does help people.

Kolsaha, as you are obviously worried about getting what you pay for, do what many do. Make the sale contingent on having an independant appraisal done on the diamond, well worth ballpark 100 plus dollars or so for peace of mind. This way you can be confident that the diamond checks out. Hopefully your vendor won't have a problem with you doing this, it is standard practice in quite a few cases. Bear in mind that sometimes appraisals can differ, however a good appraiser can tell you if you are paying a fair price for the diamond, whether the colour and clarity check out ( not normally a problem with a GIA grade) and rarely whether there are any durability issues with the diamond. This is the best you can really do to safeguard yourself and getting a professional opinion without even seeing the diamond might be difficult for the experts here as there are so many variables.

Above all, enjoy the process and your diamond
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results