shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with these stones ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chowchow99

Rough_Rock
i have been looking at a few stones and here are the specs on them. these stones are all round stones.

1) 2.79ct D VS1
crown 33.9 14.4%
pavilion 40
table 57.1
depth 61.5
culet n
girdle slightly thick, faceted
polish VG
symmetry ex
flourescence n

$42,000

2) E VS2 2.79ct.
depth 62.6
table 57
girdle thin-med
culet small
polish good
symmetry good
flourescence n
crown 33.8

$33,760

3) E SI1 AGS0 2.72ct.

depth 61.4
table 55
pavilion 43.4
polist/symmetry/proportions all ideal
flourescence n

$31,380..

are these stones overpriced and which one is the best stone
statistically wise? if they are overpriced which i definately think the last one is what price should they be and how do i approach the dealer?

should i keep loking.

help asap

goldenringlets

Shiny_Rock
Carat weight on the last two?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
There's too much information missing to really give you a meaningful reply.

All three stones need to have depth/table/crown angle/pavilion angle......girdle and dimensions would help, too.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
You'll need to post the depth and table %'s, girdle %, crown and pavillion angles, and physical measurements before anyone can give you an opinion.
1.gif

magna2

Shiny_Rock
There is insufficient information to say one way or the other, as others have pointed out. But after my choking fit from the prices, I think the only one that may not be overpriced is the first stone.

rodent.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I'll say it again from the perpective of a women who owns a 3carat. The 3c mark is a mark worthy of going for with an anniversary ring. A g/vs/si1 stone will face up plenty white. No one has asked me the specs. I've been asked how big/how many carats. I can proudly & honestly state 3 carats - and it makes me feel special when they oooh & ahhh over the size. In the 2.75 mark, you can not say it's 3carats. Few people understand points & very few will understand "It's 2 3/4 carats but its a D stone" They will just know it's not 3 carats.

Just the perpective of a women who has been through this process. And knows the questions people ask. I looked at stones under the 3c mark. It surprises me how happy I am that I went full 3c. I feel very special when I can say 3 carats. Plus, it's a big deal to also have a stone that will be passed down that is a full 3 carats. I never thought any of this was a consideration until *after* I was sportin it.
\
Edited to add: If you are unwilling to compromise, then I would cough up the extra money for the 3c mark.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
As a different perspective from F&I's... I had my choice of and size, and thought 3ct was just too big for me. I went with 2.5, and am perfectly happy with it. People ask me how big it is (and yes -- they NEVER ask the color), and are impressed when I say 2.5c. I think it completely depends on what looks right to you and on your hand, what kind of crowd you run with, and how much that matters to you. If it mattered, I assume you could answer --"just under 3c". No one really splits hairs at that size!

Also...from the shopping I did last year for the 2.5, these seem expensive, but as everyone says, there's not really enough info to judge by listed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results