shape
carat
color
clarity

please help with sidestone advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bizgk

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am having a ring custom made for a 1.6 c princess cut diamond I recently bought. I am planning to have side diamonds loop around the shank, and wasn''t sure what sized diamonds to use (I have never looked at diamonds under 1 carat, and don''t know how they look in terms of size).

Can anyone recommend what size sidestones to use?

Also, does anyone know of a Web site that tells you approximate diameters of round diamonds? I would be interested in know how big the diameter is of a .1 c, .2 c, etc. round diamond so I can calculate (using the circumference of the shank) how many diamonds I could fit.

Finally, the diamond I have is an F color (great clarity). Do I need F color sidediamonds? Better? Worse? How much should I care about clarity, if at all, at the sizes I am talking about?

Thanks!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id definitely stick with F and the same cut quality as your solitaire. The inclusion level is up to you.

windy1365

Shiny_Rock
My engagement ring has a one caret G princess center stone with H diamonds in a channel on the side. I can''t tell a difference. Then, I got a channel set diamond wedding band with I, J average color stones. They actually look whiter than the H diamonds in my engagement band! The engagement ring is from Blue Nile and the wedding band is from Kay jewelers.

But... the channel set diamonds are in a channel setting, so you can''t see them from the side. I would go no lower than a G for the side diamonds on your setting b/c it sounds like you will be able to see the stones from the side. I cannot see color from the side of my G diamond... and I am color sensitive... I could easily see the color from the side of an I stone at the mall. I read somewhere that is is okay to go one color down on the side stones. So... either get F or G diamonds. Don''t go better than your center stone... you want it to be the best!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results