shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with setting ideas for princess

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

armory06

Rough_Rock
I have the center stone now. Its a 1.36ct princess, I/VS2 the measurements are 6.12-5.98x4.42mm The depth is 73.9% and the Table is 70% The polish and Symmetry are Very Good

I''ve been catching subtle hints here and there and I think I''ve gathered enough for a ball park idea of what she''s wants. But I need a little guidance. She is very traditional like myself and wants the ring to be picked out by me as a surprise. I know she likes white gold and the setting should be classy, elegant and slightly vintage looking. I thought that the princess cut would fit that bill so now its time for the setting.

I found this picture on this forum and it''s the closest to what I have in my head but with the princess center stone instead. I like the side stones and I''m torn between princess side stones or round and if I should or shouldn''t have a millgrain look anywhere on the setting. Any ideas or examples would be great!

channelt12.JPG

bella23

Rough_Rock

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you love the round stones on the band here's a Ritani that I think is beautiful with a princess:

06QQ13.jpg

Dani actually has pictures of her trying on this setting with the matching wedding band:

dsthree.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the flowiness of the Mark ring, for a princess, would do well in a Vatche x prong with channel set sides.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 9:33:40 PM
Author: JulieN
I think the flowiness of the Mark ring, for a princess, would do well in a Vatche x prong with channel set sides.

I''d post a picture but for some reason the vatche site won''t show me any pictures
33.gif
. I like the vatche a lot too.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 9:24:57 PM
Author: mrssalvo
If you love the round stones on the band here''s a Ritani that I think is beautiful with a princess:

06QQ13.jpg

Dani actually has pictures of her trying on this setting with the matching wedding band:

dsthree.jpg
I love the ritani set for a slightly vintage and delicate design!

armory06

Rough_Rock
This one caught my eye too. Does it have what you would call a "vintage" characteristic to it?

smith ring11.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 10:25:53 PM
Author: armory06
This one caught my eye too. Does it have what you would call a ''vintage'' characteristic to it?

honestly, that ring is very pretty but I wouldn''t describe it as vintage at all. Vintage to me usually means, engraving or pave, things that were done and are on a lot of antique peices..

armory06

Rough_Rock
Okay, good to know. I''ll be getting this ring custom built by a company in Sedalia, Missouri so as far as design concepts go the sky is the limit.

How is this one? Do you think it would look nicer with the round diamonds or with princess diamond sidestones? Perhaps with a little rounder band like the Mark M ring?

I really think I like the smooth style of the Mark Morrell styled setting, would small princess side stones and engraving or pave work on it?

DM36400300_PR_125_275x250.jpg

armory06

Rough_Rock
Maybe the round side stones are just the way to go?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rounds will be sparklier. I think mark's ring is amazing. Most channel set rings have a more square profile. Love the rounded shank. In the ring you posted above, the rounds totally work because it has milgrain and is bead-set; antique styling which would use round melee.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
the sidestone shape is totally a preference thing, but I have a square stone too, and I wanted them all to match, so I got princess stones on my bands ....

I don''t know what to tell ya!

armory06

Rough_Rock
Would it look good or be possible to add millgrain around the melee on this style setting?

channelt123.JPG

armory06

Rough_Rock
surrounding the channel.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like miligran with bead set pave. I''m just not a big fan of channel set stones though..

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, but I''d keep the melee small, 2-4 pts.

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a picture of a princess channel setting I liked well enough to save pictures of. Maybe you''ll like some element(s) of it. I''ll post a couple pictures in a row. This is from a thread a couple years old (I saw the ring initially on the SMTR eye candy thread).

channel_p007.jpg

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Another pic (I have 3 others similar to this one, so I''ll just post the one, but let me know if you''d like me to post all 3).

channel_2007.jpg

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Last one for now.

channel_60072.jpg

armory06

Rough_Rock
I have seen that one! I like it a lot.

I think I''m pretty confident that I have my mind made up. The Mark Morrell style smooth band with v prongs, bead or channel set(not 100%sure about that one yet) small melee with millgrain around them.

Thank you all for your help! I''ve learned a ton through this site and your responses.

Last Question: Would the millgrain only work with channel set or could it look good around bead set too? With a channel set it looks like the diamonds sit down a little giving a better edge for the millgrain to sit on. Is there anything that would make this work around a bead set or is that just what you call pave? I''m brand new to all these terms so excuse me if I miss use a couple.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Milgrain + channel is fine. Small melee, to minimize the gaps that will happen between a rectangular channel and round stones, is the key. To me, the distinction is that while pave is bead-set, but with very small, numerous beads, usually covering a surface (not just one line.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results