shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help with New David Klass Anniversary Ring Project

Celebrating25

Rough_Rock
I am so grateful for the PS community and all the amazing help I've received from reading other posts throughout the last several months! Thank you for being so generous with your time and expertise!

My 25th Wedding anniversary is coming up, and my husband wants to give me a new engagement ring (and he's letting me pick it out :appl: ).

For the design, I am working with David Klass (thank you PSers for pointing me to him...he has been wonderful to work with!).

I sent David a collage of several inspiration ideas & rings I loved. He has been wonderful at taking my various ideas and creating a beautiful ring design perfect for me -- to be made in platinum & diamonds, with a 3mm wide shank (to give stability to the 3 sided pave). I'm getting close to deciding on a final design from his CAD drawings (he has sent me several ideas...all beautiful).

I have narrowed down my design choice to #2 & #3 below, but am having a hard time deciding. Could you please let me know which you would choose (between #2 & #3)?

Version #1 (I love this, but have already ruled this out, because I think at about 9mm, it sits too high for me):

crown_ring_with_double_halo_and_bridge.jpg

Version #2 (this is like version 1, but without the bridge that lifts the "crown" gallery...also the diamonds will go all the way around the base of the crown with very little metal showing):

crown_ring_with_double_halo__no_bridge.jpg

Version #3 (again, is like version 1, but without the double halo):
crown_ring_with_bridge_only_.jpg

I would so appreciate any help -- Is there a reason you would pick Version #2 versus #3?

Any other thoughts I should consider?

Celebrating25

Rough_Rock
Re: Please Help with New David Klass Anniversary Ring Projec

In case you are interested, here are my other specs:

Ring Size: 5.5
Center Diamond: Round Brilliant, J VS2 GIA XXX, 1.57 carat
Claw prongs on center diamond
Melee: Bright Cut with Single Cut Melee
Metal: Platinum

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Same ring size as me! I would say I like #2 better because I think the head needs to sit on the finger and not raised above it. The only other thing that concerns me is that 3mm is a little wide for a center stone that size. I would not go over 2.5mm.

Celebrating25

Rough_Rock

Thank you for your helpful feedback DiamondSeeker. BTW, love your avatar...beautiful!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The double halo is a matter of personal preference you're doing a LOT of pave, so some might say dont guild the lily. Others might say continue with that aesthetic and do it.

I think the size pave in the halo is a bit too large. Can hr use the same mm pave in the top of the shank and halo as he is in the profile work?

I like the profile of 1/3 much more than 2

He has made a ring before similar to this, ie has that gap, and I do believe it was fine. I've had a rig with a gap like that before too

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like the profile of either 1 or 3. Not sure how much height it adds to the ring because I wouldnt want it to go too high.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Agreed with diamondseeker re not going about 2.5mm for the band. I think 2.5mm will being much better proportion to your halo and center stone, while 3mm would overwhelm it. I also think the stones in the band would be so large that it wouldn't look like regular pave but, rather, a string of individual stones.

However, I think all the designs are lovely, tho I agree with you - 9mm is very high for the head of any ring.

Good luck - I'm sure this will be fabulous!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Any updates Celebrating25?

Celebrating25

Rough_Rock

Thanks so much for all your help...so very appreciated! I just received the ring and am beyond thrilled with the way it turned out! David Klass really is a wonderful designer and so nice to work with.

I'm posting a picture of the final ring (and if you are interested, I posted a few more pics and more details over in "Show Me the Bling" here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...d-klass-with-single-cut-diamond-melee.218049/ )

final_25th_anniversary_ring_by_david_klass_4.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It turned out beautiful!!! I love the gallery...it looks like a crown! DK does such beautiful work!!!

Celebrating25

Rough_Rock

tyty333|1450109780|3961249 said:
It turned out beautiful!!! I love the gallery...it looks like a crown! DK does such beautiful work!!!

Thanks TyTy333 for your kind comments!!!

I love the gallery too ~ I am so happy with the way the whole ring turned out, but I think the gallery/crown detail is one of my favorite parts of the design and makes it so unique. :angel:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for the nice comment about my avatar picture! I just found your thread and your new ring is gorgeous!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results