shape
carat
color
clarity

Please HELP with insurance questions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brilyant

Shiny_Rock
Hello all,

I am in need of some diamond ring insurance for my fiance''s ring. I have heard there is a particular CHUBB agent people are fond of - is that true? Would anyone care to divulge their info?

Also, we do not own a home yet (we''re only a few years out of college and live in the Bay Area, so homes aren''t exactly easy to buy) - does this make getting jewelry insurance harder?

Thanks for the help, and I hope everyone is doing well. :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Brilyant! Good to see you!
35.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 12:49:08 PM
Author:Brilyant
Also, we do not own a home yet (we''re only a few years out of college and live in the Bay Area, so homes aren''t exactly easy to buy) - does this make getting jewelry insurance harder?

Both Chubb and State Farm offer jewelry insurance policies regardless of whether other policies are held with them...

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2008 1:05:11 PM
Author: niceice

Date: 5/14/2008 12:49:08 PM
Author:Brilyant

Both Chubb and State Farm offer jewelry insurance policies regardless of whether other policies are held with them...
State Farm based on my experience should get more play here...but I think it''s a replacement type...yet stand alone policy. A good thing...you get a) good rates, and b) a local agent.

Chubb is a cash out...with advantages. But...yes...hard to find. Dave Stone is an old reference, and not offering any more. Total Dollar, reportedly, is just sharing incorrect info now, and not helping. If spending over $10K go to WF site and find Touchstone, and they''ll help anybody. If spending under $10 K...you can probably get there...but will need to spend some time searching through posts to ID the willing agents...who are not easy to find.

edy

Rough_Rock
You should give State Farm a call. I have a personal articles policy with them for my camera gear, and recently added my FIs jewelry. I have a full coverage ($0 deductible) policy, and they said what''s insured is the replacement value. I''m guessing this is similar/same as Chubb. Not sure how things change with a deductible though. The premium for me was 1.43% of the total being insured.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results