shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with Emerald selection!

jasonc2327

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate some help with selecting from the 3 emerald cuts I have below. I have put them on hold so any quick responses would be great! The setting is going to be a yellow gold solitaire.

I think I have pretty good selections "stats" wise, but would really appreciate feedback on light performance, fire etc.

I also have the GIA reports for all 3 and can post them if that would be helpful.

Thank you for any help!

1.) 1.80 Carat | H | VS1 | L/W: 1.44 | Depth: 63.9 | Table: 66 | Polish: Excellent | Symmetry: Very Good | Girdle: Slightly thick to thick

2.) 1.75 Carat | H | VVS1 | L/W: 1.35 | Depth: 69.4 | Table: 68 | Polish: Excellent | Symmetry: Excellent | Girdle: Thick to very thick

3.) 1.70 Carat | G | VVS2 | L/W: 1.38 | Depth: 68.1 | Table: 65 | Polish: Excellent | Symmetry: Excellent | Girdle: Slightly thick to thick

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find the first 2 rather lazy under the table. Just not a whole lot going on. The third one has some great steps flashing (mostly outside the table).
The center is better than the other two.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Personally I find an H color paired with a VVS1 clarity an odd combination. I wouldn't pay the extra $ for VVS unless I was also buying a colorless stone. But I guess if you like warmer diamonds then its your call.

I'd do the reverse and find a higher colored diamond and lower the clarity to the VS range.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Matthews1127 ,

Any possibility you could take a quick look at these?

Thank you as well for the other 2 replies

My apologies! I missed this tag the first time!!
I like the first 2. #3 is not as appealing to my eyes.
Both move well, but I see steps that are slower to move than others in the center of both stones.
What I do like about both of them is the consistent brightness across both stones, when still.
I don’t see the dreaded “dead center” in either stone.
I understand wanting higher clarity due to wanting a clean step cut. H is still in near-colorless range, but step cuts tend to show more body color.
Would you be open to suggestions that include F/G color at VS clarity to compare?

jasonc2327

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the reply @Matthews1127 !
I'm not opposed to any suggestions.

I was told that since I was going with a yellow gold solitaire setting that color would matter less. That the metal of the setting would add a slight yellow hue to the diamond so paying for a higher grade was less important than other factors.

What do you think?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was told that since I was going with a yellow gold solitaire setting that color would matter less. That the metal of the setting would add a slight yellow hue to the diamond so paying for a higher grade was less important than other factors.

What do you think?

That makes sense!
Let me see if I can find anything for comparison.
For now, place the first 2 on HOLD.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is an E VS2!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an F VS2.
I love the contrast of this stone...

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D VS1
Broader facets.
Would need ASET image to confirm the stone is consistently bright across the stone, face-on.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D VS1
Broader facets.
Would need ASET image to confirm the stone is consistently bright across the stone, face-on.

Love the broader even facets of this one!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

What do you think?

I would make sure whomever you are purchasing this for is okay with a warmer look. Some people like it, some can't tell any difference, others very much dislike it. If you are buying for someone and don't know their color tolerance/preference, presenting an H stone in a warmer setting is gamble.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results