shape
carat
color
clarity

Please... Help with Emerald Cut!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Alpha

Rough_Rock
A trusted friend has offered to sell me an EGL stone, emerald cut with the following specs for $7100. While I know these numbers aren't in the "ideal" range, would it be worth the money and, more importantly, make an attractive engagement ring? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.
1.72ct.
G Color
VS1
Depth: 74.4%
Table: 76%
Crown: 10
Girdle: Medium
Fluoresence: Very slight
Polish & Sym: Good

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The price is of $7100 for the stone is good enough that it might be the deal of the year or simply over-graded. Maybe a reasonable third choice is that the stone's price combines slight off-grading and still allows it to remain a super good value for what it actually would grade at AGS or GIA. All this is guesswork without seeing the stone.There are no established "ideal" criteria for emerald cuts. My 2A grading indicates where I think some of the best shapes are found, but it is in the eye of the beholder that this determination is still made.Dave Atlas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results