shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help. Which Stone Should I Choose?

Which stone should I pick?

• smaller F stone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • larger G stone

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • either one is OK

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am working on another diamond ring project. :Up_to_something: Currently, I am stuck at stone selection. :confused: The first question is the usual question – size vs. color. Which stone should I choose, smaller F or larger G? Does the larger size G have a higher potential of yielding more fire based on its cut spec.(higher crown)?
Both stones are AGS0 ideal cut and have same clarity grade.

Stone #1
0.507 ct
F color
61.3% depth
55.3% table,
34.4 crown
40.8 pavilion
55% star
76% lower
HCA 1.2 ExExExVg
Size 5.12-5.15x3.15

Stone #2
0.541 ct
G color
61.5% depth
54.8% table,
34.8 crown
40.8 pavilion
54% star
76% lower
HCA 1.4 ExExExVg
Size 5.24-5.26x3.23

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
I normally go for size, but what's the price difference? The size isn't that significant here so I'll leave the other specifications to other experts on the board, but I'm assuming you would save $$ with the g. I chose an H over G for significant $$ difference and love my rock!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The price difference is negligible, like $50 (F stone is more expensive).
Do you think the size difference is significant enough to go from F to G? Another consideration is any cut difference. I prefer fiery stones. Don't know if the difference in appearance is noticeable.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Should not be much difference in performance. I prefer G, since you are very unlikely to tell the difference in color for that size.

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
FancyDiamond said:
The price difference is negligible, like $50 (F stone is more expensive).
Do you think the size difference is significant enough to go from F to G? Another consideration is any cut difference. I prefer fiery stones. Don't know if the difference in appearance is noticeable.

If you trust your vendor, ask him which "looks" better. Otherwise, I feel it's a toss up. just me.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stone-cold11 said:
Should not be much difference in performance. I prefer G, since you are very unlikely to tell the difference in color for that size.
Thank you for your comment. I always value your assessment highly.
I am surprised that the differnence in crown angle, however small (34.4 vs 34.8), does not make much difference in fire performance. Nevertheless, your prefernce about G over F is important to me.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
vbnet said:
If you trust your vendor, ask him which "looks" better. Otherwise, I feel it's a toss up. just me.
Thank you for voting. Your vote is important to me in my final decision.
Regarding your suggestion about asking vendor for help, I want to defer my response until after I get more votes, so I can get unbiased opinion here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results