shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help us find a 1.1Ct!

ItcheePheet

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

We are Australians trying to find a decent diamond online that will fall in our budget! I have looked and looked and now I am just confused!

We have $5000 AUD to spend. We are looking for a Round Brilliant that has the spread of a 1.1Ct (or more), I or J colour (As long as its white), eye clean diamond ie no cloud (im not fussed about SI2 etc just as long as its predominantly eye clean and sparkles)

Are we dreaming?

Thank you experts :D

ghostm42

Rough_Rock
I'm not an expert, so I'll let the experts chime in.

I did a quick search and found this one.
http://diamonddealfinder.com/enquiry.php?id_field=4528586

1.12ct
Color: I
Clarity: SI2
Cut: Ex
-- HCA score: 1.0 (ex, ex, ex, vg)
-- Enchanted cut score: 99.99
GIA 3X
No fluoro

I'll let others comment on whether it's a good diamond, but proportions seemed good. No sure if it's eye clean though.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The proportions are fine. But the stone is an SI2. It is unlikely to be eyeclean, and I don't see any picture posted.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

ItcheePheet

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies.

I probably should clarify the eye clean request, I'm happy for inclusions to be seen under a zoom, and potentially even through the naked eye as long as it doesn't effect its sparkle. I'd actually like the idea of an inclusion of some sort, after all, it is a natural stone :) This is where I struggle, finding an SI stone and knowing to what extent the inclusions will effect its sparkle and overall clarity? Fluorescence also confuses me :S

Any suggestions for stones, experts?

Thanks very much!

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gypsy|1461738392|4024077 said:

Hey Gypsy :wavey: - this will be more than a 'stretch' - before applicable taxes they'll be looking at over 6k just with the exchange rate ;-)
ItcheePheet - hey mate :wavey: - I'm in the trade so I can't recommend anything in particular (against the forum rules), but know that there are some nice I/J SI1/2 1.10-1.15ct goods out there that are eye clean with nice make for +/- 5k AUD all up...you might just need to expand your search.
Also, if you buy from overseas, keep in mind exchange rates / gst / duty (if set into jewellery) / shipping & entry charges / etc.
Hope this helps

ItcheePheet

Rough_Rock
Thanks ADN,

Hoping to buy the Diamond overseas and have it set in Australia. Does that remove the Customs Tax?

Really wish you could recommend some but understand the rules and why they are there :)

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi - duty is not charged on loose diamonds, so if you had one set here you wouldn't pay it - - however finished jewellery that is brought into the country would require an additional 5%.
Off-sizes like what you want are pretty scarce on the best of days - so while there are some goods in the size/price that you're looking at, if you dropped a bit in carat weight (1.00-1.05), you would have many more options available to you - and you won't necessarily be losing that much in the way of face-up mm size.
Hope this helps

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
In addition to all those wonderful advices above it might help if you open your options to fluorescence stones as that may discount the price a bit.

Also the prices advertised on websites outside USA do not include the GST so you need to factor that 10% in the prices.

Spread, price, SI2, eye clean, within budget, well proportioned all at once can be challenging at times.

Good luck with your search.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
ItcheePheet said:
Thanks for your replies.

I probably should clarify the eye clean request, I'm happy for inclusions to be seen under a zoom, and potentially even through the naked eye as long as it doesn't effect its sparkle. I'd actually like the idea of an inclusion of some sort, after all, it is a natural stone :) This is where I struggle, finding an SI stone and knowing to what extent the inclusions will effect its sparkle and overall clarity? Fluorescence also confuses me :S

Any suggestions for stones, experts?

Thanks very much!
It is unlikely that inclusions in SI2 are going to impact the sparkle by any significant margin. Unless the stone has a lot of cloud inclusions. Usually the retailer would be able to confirm this with their supplier.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results