shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help... purchasing soon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wikedgt

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to see how this stone I found stacks up.

This is the info I have:

.75ct Round Brilliant
5.91 - 5.82 x 3.57 mm

Depth- 60.9%
Table- 58%
Crown- 14%
Pavilion- 43.5%
Girdle- thin to medium faceted
Culet- none
Finish- good
Symmetry- good
Clarity- VS2
Color- F
Fluorescence- none

Cert from EGL

I am still learning all this stuff and not sure about everything, but it sounds nice to me.

Just looking for some advice from the people that know their stuff.

Thanks in advance! :wavey:

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a beauty. I would just have the EGL grading double checked by an independent gemologist.

EGL labs are franchised thoughout the world, and some are a little looser in their grading than others.

The upside of this is that you can sometimes find EGL stones at a bargain.

Have it checked out. No reasonable seller will refuse this.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Wikedgt,

Every diamond has its price :) There is nothing wrong with these numbers if the price is fair.

Check out whether EGL report is from NY lab (not Israel or Belgium) otherwise would be good to check the gradings with independent appraiser.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Heh heh heh... I had a good typing teacher in high school. At the time, it was considered a "sissy" class, but I'm so glad I took it. It now allows me to do appraisals "while you wait" for clients. I couldn't pull it off it I wasn't a fast typer.

My twelve year old daughter, by the way, can beat me in typing without ever having learned the "qwerty" system. I don't know how she does it. Kind of reminds me of Garry's non-traditional ideal cuts. The numbers say they shouldn't look as good as they do, but they do.

Rich, slept with Mavis Beacon...

wikedgt

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the quick responses. I realized I forgot one of the most important pieces of info... the price! :-o

The are asking for 3200.00.

Also, the cert was from EGL USA. Does that make a difference?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
The are asking for 3200.00.
----------------

Not the lowest one you could find in the Internet but fair enough. Are you buying from internet vendor or local store?

----------------
Also, the cert was from EGL USA. Does that make a difference?
----------------

That's good. EGL USA is much strricter than other EGL labs.

wikedgt

Rough_Rock
This is from a local store. How much higher is it than the internet prices? I am worried about buying anything like this over the net, but might get over that if the price is much lower.

Really appreciate your help!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Run a search from the Pricescope.com front page for 0.75ct-F-VS2 Round.

You'll get an idea about the lowest/highest prices. If you'll find lower price, check the proportions. Lower price can be because of inferior cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results