shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help- Opinions about bolero?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

I keep seeing photos of everyone''s gorgeous boleros, and now I really want one. I originally wanted a more antique-looking, lacy dress, but I fell in love with the one I purchased the moment I tried it on. I still absolutely love it, and will be just thrilled if I don''t have a bolero, but I think with a bolero I could have the best of both worlds
1.gif

Anyway, do you think a lace bolero would look good with my dress? I don''t really have a lot of money to spend on one, so something on the cheaper side would be nice... any suggestions for where I could get one?

bolerodress1.JPG

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, these are not great pictures. Please ignore my posture...

other angles:

bolerodress2.JPG

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
yes, I think it would be fantastic and it is actually kind of the look I'm going for... your dress with a lace bolero.

Your dress is beautiful without it though, so if you don't find one that is just right, then don't fret.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 4:56:49 PM
Author: Guilty Pleasure
yes, I think it would be fantastic and it is actually kind of the look I''m going for... your dress with a lace bolero.

Your dress is beautiful without it though, so if you don''t find one that is just right, then don''t fret.
Thank you... I love my dress, so I''ll be very happy either way.
1.gif
And I''ll love it even more once it fits me!

Here is the kind of bolero I was thinking of (picture from julesbeth... hope you don''t mind my borrowing it!!):

bolerostylecapsleeve.jpg

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
HAHA! I already did a search on her to find out who made her dress earlier today. That is what I want too!

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies - its by Jasmine Couture - and I don''t think its sold seperately, but I feel like someone on this board was able to get a lace bolero from etsy.com.... ;-)

Musinyc - your dress is gorg with or without it! I LOVE the detail at the bottom!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would look lovely with or without one.

My one caution is that I don''t think it would look good with a cheap lace bolero, namely because your dress has very nice lace at the bottom and a poorly constructed/bad fabric bolero would take away from that. The nice ones are hard to find, the cheap ones often look really cheap IMO.

That being said, there are some nice handmade ones on Etsy, but most of them are around $200. Don''t know if this is too much or not.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I think you could look for a bolero, but I really love the dress without it. It has such a nice, flattering shape, and it looks beautiful on you as is. I love the dip in the back!

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
I think the dress will look beautiful either way. If you go with the bolero, just make sure the color really matches your dress well. If you''re buying online, be sure to check return policies.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 7:56:26 PM
Author: marchswallowbird
I think the dress will look beautiful either way. If you go with the bolero, just make sure the color really matches your dress well. If you''re buying online, be sure to check return policies.
Yes, absolutely. So far I haven''t had trouble matching things to it... it seems to be a pretty standard light ivory. Does anyone have suggestions for where I could fine one? I saw the ones on Etsy, but I don''t really want to spend that much.

Maybe I could talk to my seamstress about making me one...hmm

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it can go both ways...it looks amazing just as right now. What kind of lace do you have in the skirt? You should match the lace (material+colour) on your skirt to the bolero - if it''s not as good as the one on your skirt, it really wouldn''t go as well with your dress.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 10:03:14 PM
Author: kama_s
I think it can go both ways...it looks amazing just as right now. What kind of lace do you have in the skirt? You should match the lace (material+colour) on your skirt to the bolero - if it''s not as good as the one on your skirt, it really wouldn''t go as well with your dress.
Honestly... I don''t know what kind of lace it is! I hadn''t even really thought about there being different kinds, but of course there are. I think I''ll just talk to my seamstress and see what she suggests. I''m happy with the dress the way it is, and my wedding is in July so I don''t NEED anything on my shoulders/arms.

Thank you for all your compliments... I love my dress too and can''t wait until I''ve had the alterations finished!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results