shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help, need to select diamond...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

helpnewbie

Rough_Rock
Hi! Please help me... I have done some studying on diamonds but so much more to learn...

I''m looking for a diamond with 2.0 + - carats, Ideal cut, color D-F, clarity F-IF... how much would this cost me? What''s a good deal... I have gotten prices ranging from $30,000+ to $50,000+ Where should I buy from (state, country, jewler) where I can get a good deal? I''m willing to travel...

Also, I heard a lot about Gabrielle cut vs. others (what other are there)? Lazare diamonds... does it really make a difference? I need major help, what should I look for, any suggestion... any brand of diamond that I can trust... I''m trying to get the best diamond for the money... I don''t want to find out later that I over paid
1.gif
I really appreciate any help or suggest... thanks,

helpnewbie

Rough_Rock
Come on guys... please help me!!!!

Last thing... I heard a lot about BlueNile.com... are they any good quality/value?

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Blue nile is a good place to look and see, but their prices are a little higher than some other vendors. Go to the pricescope.com main page and run a search by cut quality for your specs and see what comes up. Whiteflash, niceice, goodoldgold all get solid reviews by the users on the forum and provide a lot of information on their sites. If you are going to stick to such high standards you may have to pay out the a** to get what you want ---D-F, F-IF over 2 cts. WOW. Unless you are an investor or museum piece collector, you could get a lot more for a lot less if you drop your standards slightly F-G, VVS-VS. I don't think you would be disappointed. Check out the eyecandy post in the Show me the Ring forum for pics of some stones. I think there are few 2+ ct beauties.

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
You're at the right place for good advice
This website will help with selection and price

The education you get here...is beyond compare
The buyers and sellers have so much to share!!!

wavey.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Newbie!
wavey.gif

Ditto's to Homer. If you want Round Brilliant, which are the most sparkly, you can't beat a SUPER IDEAL Hearts and Arrows. They look larger and give off more fire and flashes of color than any other diamond. They definitely stand out in the crowd!

On the Price Scope homepage, in the upper right hand side, is a Search by Quality link. On the next page, enter your carat weight, color, and clarity requirements. I used D to F, 2 to 3 carats, IF to VVS2, and got 2 diamonds. One from Good Old Gold and one from White Flash. At least that's a starting point.

White Flash cuts their own branded H&A, the A Cut Above. Good Old Gold and Nice Ice hand select their inventory with the strictest of standards. All 3 post here frequently and are genuinely nice folk. Check out the vendors policies. Call and chat with them about what you are looking for. All 3 are very reputable, as Homer said, and would be more than happy to work with you in finding your perfect diamond.
2.gif

Good Luck in your search!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay since my better half is busy doing his bio homework..I have time to kill.

I ran a Pricescope search and found the following. I also surfed around SuperbCert, GOG. All of these stones should be excellently cut and a great deal from reputable vendors. It's hard to find F/IF stones and you will pay a huge premium for them. Taking that into consideration, VVS1 is right under IF, and VVS2 is right under VVS1. The naked eye can sometimes see SI1 clarity inclusions, but nothing above that. So these things are prety much almost flawless. Take a peek.

http://www.whiteflash.com/acut/diamond_details.asp?ItemCode=1952
2.18c D VVS2 H&A 'A Cut Above' SuperIdeal $41,379 (pricescope pricing, saves you $2k from regular WF price)

http://www.superbcert.com/products/index.cfm?Product_ID=24&Product_Subcategory_ID=3&Product_Category_ID=3&Product_Group_ID=1
2.14 D VVS1 H&A SuperbCert Ideal $42,297

These two are from DirtCheapDiamonds (don't let the name scare you) and fit the IF bill and are either D/E. They classify these as 'best cut' but they don't offer any supporting info, you'd need to get crown and pavilion angles to learn more.

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=1575336
2.24c D IF $48,279

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=1675081
2.18c E IF $36,959

Surprisingly Jonathan did not really have anything (from GOG) but if you give him a ring, maybe there is something not posted on the site.

Those should get you started..or at least give you an idea of what sorts of $$ you are looking at.

If you are not SET on D IF or the like, you can either up the ctw and get a larger stone in the F/VS range (such as around 3c)--or just get a F/VS 2-2.5c and spend about $10k less. Just two more choices for you.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results