shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help need opinion on Yellow or Pink Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marquiselover

Rough_Rock
Good Morning,

I need everyones help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking for another right hand ring to wear in addition to the one I have (which is a pave band with 3 rows of pink sapphires on both sides of the band, and the center stone is a bezel set pink tourmaline, which is my birthstone) BTW did I mention Pink is my favorite color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anywho I have been checking out the Natural Sapphire Company''s website and have fallen in love with two of their sapphires. Below are the links to the two stones and also the mounting that i''m considering.

I need your help deciding which stone to pick???????????

Mounting
http://thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/nscnet/expandjsring.aspx?stoneid=JS56A
Yellow Sapphire
http://thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/nscnet/expandedstones.aspx?stoneid=U289

Pinkish/Purple Sapphire
http://thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/nscnet/expandedstones.aspx?stoneid=U302

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
28.gif

colorchange

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The second is much better priced.
Small yellow sapphires are extremely easy to find and inexpensive.
The second one is more interresting. A kind of material I regularly get from Tanzania, always unheated. Strange they state it as from Ceylon. Nice cut and nice fancy color. Price is good too.

For a better ring, maybe you can consider spending more on the central stone with simpler setting...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
my eye likes the yellow........

movie zombie

marquiselover

Rough_Rock
Thanks Colorchange and Movie Zombie for your input!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I''m leaning towards the pinkish purple sapphire, because it looks so unique. I will call the company on Monday to see if they can send me that sapphire for review.
1.gif
I will be anxious to see what it looks like in person!!!!!!!!!!!!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I''m leaning more towards the pink-purplish sapphire. But then, I''ve always been partial to pink.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest, I don''t think that is the best light pink color I''ve seen on that site. It seems to have some orangy-brown in it. Of the two, I like the yellow one better. I think I''d go a little larger on the stone, too, since that is a nice setting.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the yellow. The color in the pink just seems weird to me. If you''re set on a pink I think you should look for a few more options.

eac

Shiny_Rock
The yellow is a better looking stone. But because you already wear a pink ring on that hand, I would go with a pink stone for a second ring on the same hand. I would look around for a pink stone with more pizazz than that very subtle one you linked to.

marquiselover

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for your input!!!!!!!!!

I requested the sapphire for inpection and received it yesterday, it is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! light pink with traces of yellow in the middle very different and unique. I believe i read on PS somewhere about the difference in carat weight for a gemstone vs a diamond is not the same, unfortuanately i must have forgotten i read this
face24.gif
because I was surprised at how small the stone was, my perception of a 1 carat gemstone was comparing it to a 1 carat diamond of the same shape. Oh well!!!!!!! live and learn it is still a beautiful stone but would not work for what i had in mind. The Natural Sapphire Company was great to work with their sales people were very helpful
face1.gif

riogems

Shiny_Rock
Even two sapphires with the same carat weight can vary in size dramatically based on the dimensions of the cut. If one has a big pavilion, it will look much smaller than a thin stone. It''s a good idea to get a feel for the millimeter sizes, as these will be the actual size of something you receive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results